X

What demo rides have you done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What demo rides have you done?

It's always fun to take out a new bike for ride to see whats it's like. Most dealers want your first born in order to let you demo ride a bike these days. But at bike shows and rally's alot of time, manufacturers will let people demo ride new bikes to get public reaction and feedback.

What kinda bikes have you test rode before?

Boss Hoss last May at Myrtle Beach. A total blast to ride. I believe it had 385hp or something like that. Automatic transmission, just one click to put it in overdrive above 45mph.

This year, I'm going to ride a Buell Lightning and the Triumph Rocket III just to see what they're like.

Comment

I've only done one demo ride, it was last year. I took out a VFR 800. To be honest, I really wasn't impressed

Test rides up here are easy, give them your license information, pick a bike, and hope it's not already spoken for. You don't get to go out by yourself, but rather in a pack. Leader did include some spirited sections though. Can't wait to find a few more this year. Maybe a hyabusa, or a goldwing ( to be different ).
      Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
      Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by DINGBAT
        Boss Hoss last May at Myrtle Beach. A total blast to ride. I believe it had 385hp or something like that. Automatic transmission, just one click to put it in overdrive above 45mph.

This year, I'm going to ride a Buell Lightning and the Triumph Rocket III just to see what they're like.
        I saw those boss hoss bikes at a show last summer..OMG!! those things are unreal !!! and all custom made!

Comment

I rode a Schwiin Ultra once. Had the little tassles hanging off the handlebars.... it was cool....
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

The only bike that I have test rode, was a new HD V-Rod. Nice bike, but a little awkward. They will let you test ride an HD all day around here, forget it with our type of bikes.
            2000 Kat 600
            "Fast Blue"
            Pic in Profile

Comment

I haven't done any, but I plan to hit every demo I can this summer. There's a whole list of bike's I wanna test ride .
              Kyle

Comment

they wouldn't let me ride my SV before i bought it, but the let me ride a used Ducati Monster 620 because it was the closest thing they had. it was kinda cool, but the SV is a better bike in every way.

Comment

being 19, you get looked down upon. sometimes you even get laughed at if you want to take a demo ride. but i won't buy another bike without riding it first. i'll just walk out if they won't let me ride it.
                  if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    I rode a Schwiin Ultra once. Had the little tassles hanging off the handlebars.... it was cool....
                    Yeah, that's about the only kind of bike, other than my Kat, that I've ever gotten to test ride also!

Comment

Been trying to get the local Kawasaki shop to let me test drive the ZX12R but they keep saying that they don't allow test drives, I asked if they buy cars without test driving them, they say "Have a nice day"

WTF?!

Would try the local Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha shop but since they left the crossmember bar off the Kat the last time they had it & I ended up replacing the piece myself I have decided not to ever grace that place with my presence again, so test rides there is out.
                      I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                        did it have the banana seat too ?

Comment

There are 4 dealers within 30 minutes of me.
                          Suzuki-Yamaha
                          Kawa-??
                          Honda-Harley
                          BMW-Yamaha

They always have a demo day. I tried 2 harley's about 10 years ago. I didn't enjoy it. I was too paranoid knowing I was on 800lb $20k bike. I tried pretty something from each brand through the years,except the bmw. It has been at least 7-8 years since I tried a demo. In all honesty, I am not comfortable with it. I personally feel that if you have a bike that is new or has some sort of sentimental value...like my kat does after owning it for the last 12 years...well, it falls into a special category with guns and women. Those are the 3 things I will not lend to anyone. And I am equally against trying someone elses. Ask me if I want to try your bike, and I will politely decline. Murphy's Law....if shit can happen, it will. I don't want to drop your bike...and I sure as heck don't want you dropping mine.
                          So if I am going to try a bike, it is because I want to buy it. If I drop it, my ethics tell me to buy it.
                          Might sound strange, but that is how I feel about it. I have a hard time feeling comfortable on anyone's bike but my own.
                          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

the V-rod...interesting to say the least. All the power down low, had to rethink my style. Found the exhaust routing near my right boot made it a little warm. Nice bike and all, just not anything I would like.

Comment

Buell...it ran out of gas in the woods outside Mosport Track
                              Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

Working...
                              X