X

exhuast question?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhuast question?

I want to get a micron yellow/black anodized , but they only make for gsxr. Will any other can fit mine ? and which one. I hate how there isnt much for the kat
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

are you wanting just micron's? I have a yoshi RS-3. can't go wrong with a yoshi
    rock
    always working on mods

Comment

yeah there isnt much out there, if you dont find one try the D&D slip on it takes 15 min to do and is super loud good luck on that micron
      2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
      vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
      JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

Re: exhuast question?

Originally posted by Badkitty
        I want to get a micron yellow/black anodized , but they only make for gsxr. Will any other can fit mine ? and which one. I hate how there isnt much for the kat
        Many cans will fit. Some will even work well in conjunction with it. For the 98+ kats, look to Yoshi, D&D, or Hindle, among others.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i should have phrase my question better. I wanted to know if any other exhaust made for another model bike will fit the kat as far as pipe size?

I mostly wanted to micron because of the style and color of the particular can. I mean if it comes down to it i'll get a yoshi , but is the size pipe teh same as any other bike? Maybe make a custom hanger if the size is right. I've seen a pic of this pipe on a kat but didnt know who's bike it was nor how to contact. I just dont wanna get one and have to do ALOT of modding to it or have it flat out not work.
          " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Bandit 600 will fit.
            Kat 750 exhaust will also fit, but the difference in pipe diameters will probably require a rejet and tuning.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

now thats the kind of answer i was looking for. So i need to get one for the Bandit 600 cool ...and tthats a FOR SURE thing ?

Comment

Kats and Bandits are interchangeable in alot of areas, including the exhaust! Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Comment

well now unfortuneately there also isnt much made for a bandit..at least the anodized one that i wanted and saw ON A KATANA. RRRGG. Maybe i'll ask my local dealer.

Comment

Contact the compagny directly from their web site. Best way to know!

Comment

You might want to consider taking your existing header and having it jet coated. Almost any powdercoating place should be able to do it for you, and you'll have some very pretty headers

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

do like cyber said with your header....have a midpipe built if you have to...and buy the can from micron.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Yeah, redo the header, get a midpipe made (Any exhaust shop that has a pipe bender) and go with the micron!
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

ya i just dawned on me earlier...JUST THE CANISTER(bolt-on)...will fit anything. Its the Half-pipe (slip-ons) that are made specific right ? Cool then i can get my micron. Thanks for info guys. I also know 2 powder coating places in town as i've had many parts done for my chevelle.

Comment

badkitty.....i just clicked on you ride profile, and let me say...

1. micron would look good on that
                              2. you plastics look naked without decals. i'm not pickin on yours, i'm just saying, it looks different, almost weird without seeing the graphics. nice lookin ride though. and i think you 'll be happy with a micron but you should go with D&D and then have your powder coater do you some yellow on the exhaust
                              if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Working...
                              X