Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What do you like most about your Kat, where do you ride it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you like most about your Kat, where do you ride it?

Hey i know my last topic was a bit disruptive and caused some comotion so i kinda thot this would be interesting. What is the best part about your Katana and where do you ride it?
    All of the above
    0%
    Fast
    0%
    Comfortable
    0%
    Looks
    0%

The engine that is in it. It is the first generation GSXR motor. Suzuki just built the Katana frame around it. So that is one of the main things I love about my bike. I ride it everywhere. On the back country roads, Deals Gap. Hope to do some track days so I can safely go fast and learn more about the bike. I also use it to commute back and forth to work.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I ride it everywhere I can. To the store, work, dinner out, or just for fun. I like everything about it.
      2000 Kat 600
      "Fast Blue"
      Pic in Profile

Comment

itsn ot the best looking bike out there but hell when i get one the track she feels plenty fast for me

Comment

Its well suited for the riding i enjoy see Multiday long haul high km trips.

Never really that far behind the sport bikes on day rides.

Proably upgrade when I have the $'s, odds are it will be 06 by then =(

Comment

All day rides..short trips..and everything in between! It does it all well, and you still feel pretty good even after a long ride. Its very forgiving, and will treat you right as long as you take care of her.

I ride to work, the store, and everywhere I can!

I voted for all the above.

Comment

Prep is back! Can't keep a good man down. Glad we didn't lose you.

Comfort and looks. I still think it's one of the better styling jobs around, although it is getting a bit dated. And a 300 mile ride won't kill you.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, when I first got my kat..I thought it looked pretty good, and rode very well considering I was a begginer...then when I good enough to on some rode trips, I took it to some distances ~ 200-300 miles one way, and it was GREAT! It handles great in the wind and rain, and was comfortable enough for all of it..that first ride in the rain was was impressed me.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                  Well, when I first got my kat..I thought it looked pretty good, and rode very well considering I was a begginer...then when I good enough to on some rode trips, I took it to some distances ~ 200-300 miles one way, and it was GREAT! It handles great in the wind and rain, and was comfortable enough for all of it..that first ride in the rain was was impressed me.
                  I second that. The first time I got caught in the rain, I was pretty scared. The previous owners left pretty balding tires on it (just the center stripe, of course) but it handled ridiculously well. It also catches lots of eyes, and its really comfortable.

Oh, and it is my only mode of transportation, so I use it every day, no matter the weather. With the right gear, I do just fine.
                  :-p

Comment

Re: What do you like most about your Kat, where do you ride

Originally posted by prep_it_up
                    Hey i know my last topic was a bit disruptive and caused some comotion so i kinda thot this would be interesting. What is the best part about your Katana and where do you ride it?
                    It not entirely your fault your last topic was "disruptive". Stick around youll fit in fine!!

Man I like alot about my kitty kat. I think its sexy as hell. The bodywork sets it apart and doesnt look "cookie cutter". Its really comfortable, and travels well. Rails really good too. You can easily drag the pegs and body work railing a kat. Power is good. Not to much but just enough. I do however wish there was alittle more, but its ok. All in all a good all around bike that never fails me. It never has me coming home early from a ride cause I wasnt having fun.........
                    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I ride almost all the time, 360 days a year here in Phoenix. Not much time to do the mods at this rate.

there is some awesome places here to ride!! I haven't seen half of them yet, so I better get of here and go riding. late!!
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

What I like about my 93 1100 is that it is all of the above, and also that it is fairly rare to see another one during my riding season.
                        What I like about my 92 1100 is that it is (will be) 100% unique...and it will pretty much kick ass.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

i voted for comfort..i ride it around my neighborhood around the block a few miles nowadays since i have no time to actually go out and ride.
                          Hello World.

Comment

All of the above, definately.
                            Haven't done any long distance riding, I leave that up to iron but Jackal, but good for a nice long day of riding.
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I voterd comfort as well. Although, very soon, I may have THE fastest Katana around. Maybe even faster than Keiths Kabana!

Great for those long haul rides, which I am a really big fan of. Just a great bike all around!
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X