Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Ever get caught in the snow on your bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this count?

I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

This is what we do in Canada!!!!!!!!!
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Snow, no, freezing cold, yes.

Rode to the stealership last year, in 21 Degree weather. That was the coldest I had ever ben in my life!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

snow

West Texas, snow no, Hail yes.....
          Rain or Shine, Onward I ride..........

Comment

I one picked up a bike I had paid for when it was a mixture of snow/sleet/ice, drove it 5 miles home at 20mph, people were hating me

I have been caught by rain, hail, a massive cold front that dropped the temp by 20 degrees with high winds, but never caught by the snow.
            I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

First time I went to meet Babs it started snowing about halfway to her house . Her first "real" street ride was in the snow ! It was really not much more than flurries , but still , it's the principle of the issue !
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Been in a few snow flurries...one actualy storm. Its not alot of fun...pretty scary actually. Just have to go super slow and realllyy take your time!
                Always keep your head up

Matt

Comment

I was going to post that pick when I saw thread KG...but you beat me to it. Mine is the same guy...but different angle. I love that pic...looks soooo fun.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Yeah, looks fun until you fall off and those tires run over you!
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I've been out riding in -10C / 14 F before. It wasn't snowing outside, but there was black ice on the roads. Really hard tires at that temperature, and any twist of the throttle and the back tire spins. Couldn't get the tires warmed up at all Actually I was moving, so I drove to the new place rather than putting it in a truck, about 5 miles or so.

Now the dirt bike is fun in the snow and ice, but studs i have not tried yet...

Comment

Originally posted by KitKat
                        Would this count?

I don't think so...unless you were riding that 2 wheeled snow mobile
                        My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Pay close attention to my avitar.
                          Ron
                          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I have been caught in flurries on the kat.

I have ridden the old EX500 in the snow. (that was dumb) I don't think you want to be in the snow with anything more than about 250#'s, b/c you will need to put a foot down.

I commute 41 miles each way to work, and I agree about 35F or 40F is cold enough. (mine is all highway, I am not sure what the windchill at 80mph is when it is 35*)

I have been in hail also, <whack whack smackity whack whack> shield fogs instantly, so you open it so you can see and a hail ball hits you in the nose.... not fun, hiding at the gas station is the best option.
                            I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                            X