X

tail light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tail light

i have a 1993 katana i am looking for a clear tail light or a led tail light if any 1 know where i can find one
    sigpic

clear alternatives?

Edit: Nevermind, I just looked and they dont make one for that year

Comment

clear alternatives
      '99 Suzuki GSXF
      '67 BSA Spitfire
      '73 Triumph trident
      '35 AJS 350 side valve
      '72 XS2 Yamaha 650
      '51 BSA A10 Golden Flash
      sigpic

Comment

To the best of my knowlage there is no clear taillights for the pre98's.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

You have a 600?
          It is almost small/ flat enough to make your own.

Comment

I have been looking for a clear tail light for a pre-98 Kat for a year. NO ONE MAKES ONE!!! I even tried to get a company to make one for me and they said " Sure we can make it, how many thousand of them did you need again?". Here for the past 5 years I thought I was the only one who was lookinbg for one of these!

http://www.easttnriders.com

Comment

So this is sort of half-a$$ed but here's my plan.

The diffuser from the overhead fluorescent lighting is flexible enough when heated slightly. I was considering making my own out of this stuff. I wouldn't be DOT approved, and IT surely wound break into pieces if you hit it with something.

But, it's a clear alternative to not having one. I'll be posting pictures and such as I progress.
              2007 GSX-R600

Comment

Great idea, man you could probably get a lot of buyers for those.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

thank you anyway
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not familiar with the tail lens of the pre 98 kats but if it's flat I can fabricate one no problem... I've done a couple for custom hotrods.
                    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

You could probably make a buck selling them here...I will donate one for the cause if you needed one for a template. Of course, I would hope to be your first customer

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

For the pre 98's it is a whole plastic housing...I have been trying to find some time to make an integration kit for it so that you could just pop in the LED light mechanism...plug it straight into your existing brake lamp and then just splice into the blinkers...maybe one day I'll finish it...
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

The tail light aint flat...wish it was or I would have had a clear tail light long ago. I almost bought 2 or 3 other clear lights to make one for my bike...but figured I had better not, next thing ya know I'll have a duct tape fender and coat hanger muffler clamps to match the Frankenstiened tail light!!

EDIT: just went snooping around and found this; 3. What if my bike is not listed? Send us a request at [email protected]

So I got to thinking....they ain't gonna go build one just for me....BUT>>>>>maybe if a few people who owned pre-98 Katana 600's emailed them they might consider making a few. Here's my dilema...where can I find such people who would want one bad enough to email these folks?

http://www.easttnriders.com

Comment

I just emailed them asking them the minimum number of orders necessary to start production on a certain model of taillight. When I get an answer from them I will post it up and maybe we all can get in on a group buy. Right now we can kickback and wait....
                            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

On an unrelated subject..

Jax. I too am 220 (6'2"), and Want to get around 190ish. How on earth did you do it man?
                              2007 GSX-R600

Comment

Working...
                              X