X

What bike has had the biggest impact on you

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bike has had the biggest impact on you

You're first bike?..sentimental reasons, even if it was a beater ? Maybe you saved up ur whole life to get a gixxer or busa or some exotic ride that you just love to death. OR, and this should be your answer , the Kat ?

I know for me, the Kat has, simply because its a do it all good bike, fun to ride, looks cool, insurance is low, and the grin factor is still BIG !!! and maybe even more, becuz it brought me to a forum with all the cool people who hang out and share knowledge and make it like a second home...maybe even a first home for some of us

I have yet to ride it, but once the 1127 is in my Kat, I think it will be "The One".

That is until I break down and buy a Busa.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I think the bike that had the biggest impact was my buddies little crappy one. Someone gave him a little 50cc bike that actually had 4 gears and a clutch. I'm a big guy and looked hillarious on it but the feel of going through the gears and leaning in the corners made me fall in love w/ bikes right away.

Comment

I could also say my first bike ever, an ATC 100, 3 wheeler, got it when i was 10 or 11, for xmas, had a big red bow, sitting in the garage in the morning. Man that was a great day..that's what really got me hooked.

Comment

I think my H2 Kawi 500cc 2 stroke triple had a big impact but the real one I remember was my CBX. It was scary fast (in a straight line and just plain scary in the turns!!) and had gobs of horsepower and it was a sweet ride.
          sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
          MSF Rider Coach 27028
          MoPowerSports.com
          Torco
          SoCalTrackDays

Comment

My 94 CBR 600F2. It was my first real sportbike. I loved that bike. It was really fast and I am kinda glad I gave it up. I was really riding on the edge with that bike. Now I would say my KAT. I have put alot of time and money into it. I plan on keeping it for a long time to come.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by GixerKat
              I think my H2 Kawi 500cc 2 stroke triple ....
              Drool, drool...

Comment

my first bike was a 1979 yamaha enduro 125. It was technically a dirt bike, but it had directionals and stuff to make it street legal. I bought it from a kid down the street when I was like 13 for $2 dollars. Talk about a steal. It didn't run so, my dad and I pulled it apart and rebuilt the motor. Turns out it only needed points, but why not rebuild it, it was a learning expirence for me. It was great to work with my dad too, one of those great father son moments, something I hope to do with my boys when they are older. Anyway, that was my first bike, I have never bought a bike that ran when I bought it, and it all started because of that. I don't think I even could by a new bike, it wouldn't feel right. I still have the gas tank form that bike hanging in my shop. That expirence, literally set the course for the rest of my life.

Comment

I would have to say my Hayabusa.

It's very rare in life to ever get EXACTLY what you have always wanted. When you do, it becomes the sweetest thing ever. I've wanted this bike for soooooo long. The first time I saw one I literally stopped talking and watched it go down the street. I would go by LA Cyclesports and sit on one they had in the showroom. I dreamt of owning one but the sticker shock huge. Plus, it always had an aire of unobtainability (if that's such a word). Sort of like seeing a Cobra or Ferrari and picturing yourself behind the wheel, then slapping yourself upside the head for daring to think such a thought. I have all the brochures I could swipe from the dealers, and numerous writeups from over the years. Last year I was just daydreaming on the Net and on a lark, did an eBay search. When I saw the ad " '99 Hayabusa, 2900 miles, $7000 " I figured "scam". But it was in Orange, 10 miles away, and Lisa said go take a look at it (I think she was tired of hearing about the damn bike). So after work I rode over to look at this POS. When the guy pulled the bike cover off it was really hard to remain calm. Glad I did, though. Got it for $6000. I was freakin' numb as I rode it home two days later. (Because I couldn't believe I finally owned one, and because I couldn't believe I didn't slide it into a parked car. You guys know the story.)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GixerKat
                    I think my H2 Kawi 500cc 2 stroke triple had a big impact but the real one I remember was my CBX. It was scary fast (in a straight line and just plain scary in the turns!!) and had gobs of horsepower and it was a sweet ride.
                    two great ones
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

1982 CB750 nighthawk, my first street bike and yes for those of you, blue was the color!!! I have only had two that didn't have blue in them, GS1000 78 and the 86 Hurricane
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I really like the ruggedness of my first bike, 1971 Yamaha DT250 Enduro, 2 wrecks(one was a motocross & the other involved a 4x4 Chevy truck), never rebuilt the engine & it still ran like a bat out of Hades.

The learning of bike engine rebuilding I got from the 1977 Honda 750F Super Sport was a blast.

The long distance durability of the 1993 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan is still very desirable.

now working on the Kat, being my own mechanic & doing the slight modifications myself, the power the the Kat has is still pleasing to me.

I say if I was to be given any bike to own I will find something about it to love.
                        I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

My most influential bike was a BMX with training wheels my dad put on. Then, after I watched this movie called Tron...the rest is history

Comment

My first bike, a 1981 Yamaha XS 400, had it for a month and a half, gobs miles on it. Then I upgraded to the kat because I could never get it to idle right.
                            I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

Well, I consider my Kat to be the best all around bike I've ever owned.
                              But, looking back, the most FUN bike I ever had was my Yellow Ninja 250. It was my third bike, kinda bought it on a whim (used with only 800 miles on it!) as it was just a sweet deal and thought it would make a fun second bike (allready had, still have a 750 Shadow).
                              Man was that little sucker fun. I would wind it up to 10000 rpms and it would be screaming for more. It was very flickable and just cruising around neighborhood and city traffic at 30-35 in a 25 zone was a total blast. The Kat is fun too, but you got to get a lot more speed to 'feel' the same rush as it's barely pushing anything at those speeds (plus the suspension and overall ride on the kat is like 20 times better).
                              Somedays I wish I still had her. Had to sell it to pay for my Kat. (not that I regret it in the least, katanas rule!)
                              I can't afford (time and upkeep and insurance) more than two bikes). I plan on keeping my other bike (Shadow Spirit) as I got too much time and money invested in mods, and it's nice to have a cruiser sometimes. And of course I'm keeping my kat,..sooo...no Ninja 250 for me again.
                              But, if your looking for a cheap, fun second bike I recommend a Ninja 250.

Comment

Working...
                              X