No announcement yet.
X

What bike has had the biggest impact on you

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previous last post of Feb. 25 2005... I'm gonna start keeping track of this, I think this is the longest a thread has been dead and resurected... Yay advances in medicine...

My VF700S that I had a few years back... Bought a bike that was older than me and love it, that V4 had torque for DAYS... Miss that guy...
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

1975 I got my first really fast bike! was a Kawasaki 750 triple. The guy next store bought it brand new in 74, a few weeks later he kill himself on it. a year later his wife gave it to me. All I remember is that sucker went from zero to 100 in a few seconds! For a 15 year old kid, it was a hand full! When I turned 18 or 19 I bought a Z1R, That bike was a dream come true!

Comment

There's a reason they called the Kawasaki 750 triple "The Widowmaker" lol
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

the Mini-Trails and mini bikes in the early 60's got me hooked on riding, but it was this gawd awfull yellow Yamaha 250 twin 2 stroke a friend gave me that prompted my getting a endorsement for the street. This thing was BUTT UGLY. leopard skin seat cover, **** yellow, rusty crusty, smoked like your auntie chimney. fill the oil and check the gas. had these big welded on rebar "highway pegs". poor beast was beat to crap. I threw about $100 of used parts at it, took a hammer and beat them "pegs" off the front, and smoked my way around on my permit. I remember being at the gas station, buying it oil. came out and 2 guys were standing there pointing and laughing. I added the oil, got on, wheeled it around so the fanny was facing them, and fired her up. HUGE thick cloud of toxic 2 cycle smoke envelops these guys leaving them choking and gagging as i wing a ning ninged my way out of the lot.

I bought and took my test on a '81 Kawi 440LTD and gave the Yami to my Mother in Law's Husband for $50. He proptly did a slow speed highside flop in the parking lot, dumping it on his ankle, shattering it. He never walked the same after, and Mom In Law has never forgiven me.
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
            There's a reason they called the Kawasaki 750 triple "The Widowmaker" lol
            Yep! It's right up there with the VF1000R, the Honda that had 45% totaled in the first year! It had that dammed 16" front wheel! and it had enough torque to replace a brick walls mortor with brain mater.
            Last edited by GSXfs600; 10-12-2008, 01:27 PM.

Comment

1989 harley sporster 883

i was like 10 when my mom had this bike...it wasnt mine lol but the first time i rode it by myself...i knew i would have a bike when i was old enough
              sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
              k9 GSX-R 600
              GO VOLS!

Comment

In 2000 I went backpacking in Europe. Ended up in France and went to the Alps in the far east of the country. Decided to stuff the train system and bought an old second hand Suzuki GN125. Didn't have a licence and had never rode a motorbike before (on the road, anyway). Here I was riding on the wrong side of the road at a little over 100kmph (full throttle) on the motorways. Rode that thing from the Alps to France's West Coast over 6 weeks with a 80 litre backpack and a tent in the middle of winter. Caught the ferry across to Ireland and rode it around there for another month camping as Spring started. Caught the ferry across to Wales and continued my adventure for another 12 months before selling the bike for more than I paid for it. It was the most awesome way to see what I came to see and meet all sorts of people along the way. It was also the start of my love of bikes and Suzuki's. I'll always have a very big part of my heart that belongs to my old GN125. Since then I've had a SV650 and a GSXR-600 that weren't worth talking about (quick flings) before settling on the 750 Kat. I also had a Kwakka ZX9R that was the love of my life and I miss her too.
                Last edited by Robgsxf750; 10-11-2008, 05:37 PM. Reason: Crap spelling

Comment

Definitely my first bike - 1992 ZX6R

Jetted and canned and I don't know what else, but it power-wheelied in second gear on that old heavy platform with my all of my weight on the handlebars. That being said, torque delivery was astonishingly bad, I think it was by far the worst beginner bike I've ever heard of anyone ever having. But, it had the best running carbs I've ever experienced, started on first shot and idled smoothly without ever giving them a hint of choke, but like I said you had to be over 7 to 8,000 rpm for power.

It had a great custom paint job and the raciest tires you can put on a street bike.

I went too fast through a corner and exceeded the lean angle. Many of the metal pieces, like the large gear shifter metal attachment bracket, actually broke into halves (not at the weld). It was astonishing. And it kind of sucked, since it was such an old bike I didn't have collision or comprehensive on it. That being said, I learned a lot on it, far more than some woosie beginner bike could have taught me, heh.

Comment

First bike was i 2006 katana 600 purchased in April....i wanted one 5 years ago, but couldnt afford it. Went through a dissolution, turned 30 and decided to by it no matter what. Its still in the family and i'll never forget it even when she goes from Blue and White to Black with Pink flames (the girlfriend owns it now).....Love that bike.
                    Godspeed
                    CSBA #1167
                    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Die, Zombie thread! Die! Die!
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

'73 Kaw Z1

Comment

Somebody find a shopping mall and Ving Rhames, the zombie threads are attacking!!!
                          -
                          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I first realized how much fun a kat could be when my little brother broke his ribs and could not ride his kat 600 so he used my truck for the last half of last year so in march of this year bought my kat 750 and loving it ever since

Comment

16" of pain

Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
                              Yep! It's right up there with the VF1000R, the Honda that had 45% totaled in the first year! It had that dammed 16" front wheel! and it had enough torque to replace a brick walls mortor with brain mater.
                              Oh yeah! 16" wheel on my '86 FZ600. I remember when it washed out and body slammed me. Man, pavement sure is hard.

Comment

its gotta be el gato, my 06 kat 6. i've had it a year and a half, my only vehicle. i know how to ride like people know how to drive. almost 19k on the street ( save one 600mile trip to a friends cabin). yeah she's heavy, but when i get another bike(1000) i will feel maybe a little lighter, but more power. but the kat will never die for me. it's steady and true, and if i have to buy a new motor when this one is trashed , i will.
                                thoughts create things

Comment

Working...
                                X