X

BODY FASTENER QUESTION..NEED HELP!!! ONE LEFT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BODY FASTENER QUESTION..NEED HELP!!! ONE LEFT

You know the round chrome allen head body fasteners. There are three large ones (bigger head than the rest). I know where two of them go (in the lower fairing (one near the kickstand, the other on the other side about even with the kickstand).

Where does the third one go? I've put my bodywork back on and ended up with one bolt left. I'm pretty sure it's a body bolt. Otherwise it wouldn't be chrome and be sleeved (I guess that's the term).

Please help.

One near the kickstand and the other one holds the main fairing. If you have the bottom piece on, It's covevered and it is not visible. take off the bottom fairing and there is one more on the bottom towards the front of the motorcycle

Comment

Ah, the imfamous, extra bolt. I have come to the conclusion after many hours of head scratching that this bolt is supplied by the maufacturer as an extra.

After years of taking stuff apart, and puting back together, thats the only logical explanation i have found

In all seriousness if I knew what size and shape it was i could tell you when i got home. I made a "road map" of all where all the body bolts go the first time i took my fairings off. i could check when i got home, but most likely someone else will chime in before then with the right answer.

Next time you take the fairings off you should make a road map like this. So far i havn't found the "extra bolt" yet when putting mine back on, and i've had them off 4 times allready

Comment

yes i would suspect it is one for the main fairings under the lower piece as was suggested.
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

if we're talking about the same thing here..there's 1 large one that goes in just near the seat.

Comment

yes one by seat one for main fareing in front behind the belly pan and one on the belly pan at the back by kick stand the same on both sides

Comment

I can tell you exactly where it goes.

Put it in a envelope, and mail it to...

Sweet Lou
              P.O.Box.....
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

That was good lou
                "Do or Do Not, There is No Try!"
                -Yoda

"Ryde or Die"
                -DMX

Comment

I try. And I really want that bolt.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

There's six of those larger bolts on the 98+ Kats. One on each side of the lower fairing (you already spotted those). One one each side of the battery to hold the rear edge of the upper fairing. Plus one on each side of the lower front edge of the upper fairing where it screws into the frame.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by tmsz
                      One near the kickstand and the other one holds the main fairing. If you have the bottom piece on, It's covevered and it is not visible. take off the bottom fairing and there is one more on the bottom towards the front of the motorcycle
                      Thanks, that was it. On the right side if you sitting on the bike.

Comment

hey sweet you really need that bolt i have a few extas i can send you one or two

Comment

Working...
                        X