X

Illumigo gauge problem..need advice..FIXED

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illumigo gauge problem..need advice..FIXED

My Illumiglo gauges are not working anymore. They've been on the bike for a year or two and have worked fine. Last night was the first time I've rode after dark in months and they don't work. Makes seeing the gauges very difficult. Anybody have any advice what to check first? I didn't see anything unplugged. It's been a while since I installed them. Is there a fuse somewhere in the line or would the inverter possibly be bad?

***Ordere new inverter and installed. Works fine now.

First thing to check is the wiring to the inverter/power-adaptor that's included with the gauge face kit (and any fuses involved). I've heard someone else say their power adaptor went bad after about a year and a half.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I couldn't remember if there was a fuse or not. It would be nice to have the instructions so I could retrace the steps.

Comment

No fuse for the Illumiglo. Check your actual bike fuses under the seat.
        If good then you may need a new inverter. They did have a bad batch. Maybe you can get a replacement for free.
        Bike is sold

Comment

I have some directions if you need them but it is all in the inverter like they said above. I would double check that splice and if it is still a good connection, then it is definitely the inverter.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
          X