Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

FOR THE FOLKS THAT OWN TWO OR MORE BIKES...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOR THE FOLKS THAT OWN TWO OR MORE BIKES...

While the Busa's in the shop getting a fuel pump problem checked out I decided to dust off Black Falcon's Kat and ride it for a while. Other than noticing that the registration expired two months ago, the thing that surprised me the most is how totally strange riding it felt. It was almost like my first time on a bike. It was as if I had to relearn everything all over again (More than a little uncomfortable). After a while the bike became more familiar. Do you multiple bike owners have the same problem?
    sigpic

Yes and no. Each bike feels different, sure. But, I don't really have a problem going from one to another. You just need to set up in your mind before hopping on another bike and make "mental adjustments".

I even took the Tuono right after I got it out to VIR last year. I only did two sessions on it. One on Saturday and one on Sunday. All of the other sessions were done on my Gixxer. I wasn't even completely comfortable on the Tuono yet and still had no problems changing machinery. Knee was down already by corner three of my first session. First time I'd put my knee down on that bike.

The only "problem" I have is going from my XR650L to my Tuono. On the street, you pretty much ham fist the XR all the time when taking off. WOT take offs are the norm. After riding that bike for a while, the first ride on the Tuono usually has me lofting the front wheel unintentionally.
    -Steve

Comment

I have a problem with it. I ride a VTX 1800 and an RF900. I get on the RF and find my self kicking my feet out to the front to put up on pegs. Or I get off the RF and on the VTX and I find myself scraping the frame and lifting the bike the first time I go to turn a corner. I also melt my boot on the pipe cause I always kick my feet back to get pegs instead of forward. After about five miles though everything is peachy keen again. Unless it's been a while since I rode the RF, then it is like learning to corner all over again because it can lean so far compared to the X.
      I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

OH man, its like a whole nother world..u almost feel like a new rider again for alittle while till you get used to it. everything from the way it feels, accelerates, brakes...you're almost like, geez, how do I ride this thing again !

Comment

I've never had a problem with it. I remember a ride where my dad and brother and I were out riding and swapped bikes several times. Went from an FZ1 to a Ninja 250 to a Honda 200, the different riding styles actually made it a lot of fun (downgrading in size also probably helped). Every bike has it's own characteristics to enjoy.

Comment

I am not a multiple bike owner yet but I do ride other bikes, there is a definite difference from bike to bike. I wonder how different the pre98 and 98+ will be?
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I am not like you guys... I don't cheat, and stick with my one main love.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

I have put so many miles on all my bikes that riding them are second nature. Only issue I really have is getting on the Bandit after not riding it for a while. The extra power sometimes catches me off guard and I find myself lofting the front easily.
                Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I'm fine jumping between the Kat and the gf's Ninja 500, but both are fairly standard upright seating position in general. Got on a late-model R1 about two months ago and that felt strange, cramped, plus the power...
                  Whenever I get on a BMW, it also has a "strangely-different" feel to it; I attribute much of it to the difference in the controls (have you ever looked at how the blinker controls work on BMW bikes?).

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                    +1...cheating is wrong. i don't believe in it (neither does my wallet)
                    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Well, I've had my 750 Shadow Spirit for about three years, so it's like putting on my favorite pair of blue jeans when I get on. But, I remember last summer after commuting on the katana for about three weeks straight I decided to take the Shadow as I hadn't even started it in awhile. The first thought was: "Damn, this thing is low! Man my feet are way out there. hmmm weird.." But after about twenty minutes, it felt like I always ride it. Same if I ride the Shadow for like a week then take the Kat: "Damn, this thing is top heavy and tall!" But then I get used to it.
                      If you switch back an forth frequently neither will seem weird at all.
                      The only other problem is after riding the Kat for awhile, I tend to try and take corners way to fast on my Shadow and end up grinding my nice chrome pegs and turning to wide and stuff.

Comment

nope never bothered me!
                        Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

600 Kat and 1000 Hawk are completely different animals. It is strange, but only in a "driving parents car" sort of way. I can't believe how underpowered the Kat feels now.

She'd be smiling if she had 996 cc's of thumping twin power between her legs

Comment

Originally posted by soccersteve
                            Originally posted by SweetLou
                            +1...cheating is wrong. i don't believe in it (neither does my wallet)
                            I disagree, the man with the most toys wins IMHO
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                            X