X

Low End Grunt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low End Grunt

I know it's a heavy bike, so I'm wondering what kind of torque it has off the line. Does it take off like a rabbit and then fade or do you have to get her going first before the afterburners kick in? My Hurricane had about 95 horses and off then line when I wanted her to go...she went. I'm specifically talking about the 600, but I'd like to know about the 750 too.

Thanks in advance!
    Nobody looks back on his or her life and wishes they had spent more time at work.

It will haul but like most sport bikes the power band really hits at 7000 and above rpm...
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

If you don't think what you are getting off the line is enough, you can always play with sprocket sizes to get more go off the line as well.

I think it is pretty good. As it is (with my 750 at least) there are not a lot of cars that can really keep up to it off the line. I did notice that my buddies CBR1100xx has a lot more oomph that the kat....

But Not for LONG!!!!

Mexitana 1100 is on the way!
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
        It will haul but like most sport bikes the power band really hits at 7000 and above rpm...
        That's because most sport bikes have 2 too many cylinders.
        V-Twins are truly the perfect street bikes...
        -Steve

Comment

I find that mine gets off the line quite nicely when I want to . But it's definately a pretty far from stock 750 , so I can't help you much there . It'll easily be faster than most cars you'll encounter on the road , if that's what you're worried about . But the Suzuki literature even says stuff like "tnued for low-end/midrange torque" . So basically , it has a little bit more power down low at the expense of some top-end horsepower , as far as I understand it .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Oh yeah, the mid range is where the Kat really shows her claws and is the most exhilarting. Its surprising to those who havent ridden one, how good it really is. Out of the gate, she wont scare ya too much, but once you get going, you'll be running like greased owl poop.

Comment

It will take off pretty quick if you let it. Will have no problem reaching 100km/h in a short distance....:P
              Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

A lady in a Festiva (I think) tried to smear me off on the side of a parked bus one time while I was trying to merge. She just INSISTED that she was going to be first.

She lost.

When she rolled up beside me at the next light I reached over and wrote an expletive I can't repeat on her dirty window. Man, I like being a leftie. Anyway, this is the primary reason I like to have a 'lil bit of YEEEE HAW! in the bikes I ride.

$%^&ing cagers!
                Nobody looks back on his or her life and wishes they had spent more time at work.

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd
                  Originally posted by zleviticus
                  That's because most sport bikes have 2 too many cylinders.
                  V-Twins are truly the perfect street bikes...
                  WHAT HE SAID

Comment

The off the line torque for a 750 is pretty good,I just changed the plugs in mine (somebody had some type of "champion" spark plug in mine )to the correct NGK plugs,Now the throttle response is instantaneous and the bike REALY takes off!
                    97 TL1000S,K&N filter,Micron exaust cans,Ceramic coated headers (black),Air box mod,+2 Rear sprocket ,Chrome Rims,Metzeler M1 tires,Polished Chain Guard,Heel Guards,Clutch and Brake Levers and Brake arm

Comment

So are the 600's zippy too? I'm probably going to get a 750, but sometimes a 600 suits me fine too.

Comment

Who cares? The 750's are the best

Sorry, sometimes it slips put. The 600's are really popular, and make a lot of people happy.
                        AMA member # 224227

Comment

the pre98 750 kick a$$ IMHO
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad
                            So are the 600's zippy too? I'm probably going to get a 750, but sometimes a 600 suits me fine too.

The 600's are quite "zippy", I prefer my 600 to other bikes that I have had of larger displacement, however, I do not want to ride my 600 to California from Tulsa, it is quick and flickable and I know my bike is not completely stock, but it feels good. I have had the pleasure of trying a few different brands and sizes, and I can tell you that the Kat has more power and speed than I really want to use. Good luck with your choice.
                            2000 Kat 600
                            "Fast Blue"
                            Pic in Profile

Comment

if you had a Hurricane...DO NOT GET THE 600...you will be happy in the long run with the 750. For the little extra cash, you could not mod the 600 to be faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X