X

First ride of the year ! Oops !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First ride of the year ! Oops !

I took my new 98 Katana 600 out for a ride and get some gas today , It kept dying every time I put it into gear !? I was so embarrased and kept looking at the clutch and wondering if it was a neutral switch or something and realized the kickstand switch !!! Very cool , I had never seen that before !! The kickstand was up but not enough to depress the switch. Doohh !!

Today I changed the oil and filter , changed the battery and did a little cleanup. I found items that need attention before I ride it this season.

The RH handlebar is bent inward , the choke lever is broken off (you need a screwdriver to use it) , the tires are cupped and bald , the chain and sprocket are beat up, and the plastics and Kat emblems have some scratches/gouges. I am going to get a new air filter and plugs , 11,000 on the bike. I will fix them all soon but am asking for some help in the parts finding. I am a new user here and am locked out of the classifieds.

IF it makes you feel any better the first few times I rode my Kat. I would pull up to park somewhere and everytime the damn thing seemed to die on me. I just couldn't figure out why... Eventually I realized i was putting the kickstand down before shutting it down. I felt like a real tool when I figured it out. Atleast it wasn't something major though...

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

For sure !! I am glad I didn't push the bike home before I realized what I was doing wrong !! Do most sportbikes have that feature ?? I saw a guy riding a wheelie on a Buell with his kickstand down !! luckily he didn't get hurt !!

Comment

That happened to me... check out ebay,bikebandit,mrcycles.com,when you get 10 post you can use the parts selection also check out the search very good sources here
        "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

I'm not sure to be perfectly honest. I don't think my old Yamaha had one. I could be wrong though I didn't have it very long. If I had to guess I would say no, because I have heard a few hory stories about people riding with their kickstand down, and later realizing it when they go to make a left turn.... :

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Yup go to the parts section and post a new topic titled

WTB: Then the parts you want.

There are always extra parts people have around.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Working...
            X