No announcement yet.
X

Loading and Hauling your bike ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, who can tell me how to strap down Corey on the trip to the gap, and what should I use????
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
      Now, who can tell me how to strap down Corey on the trip to the gap, and what should I use????
      DUCT TAPE AND LOTS OF IT!!
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

hey need i use to put it in the back of the bick up but no fun . i bought a 4 by 6 small trailer and took it to a weld slop added 6 inches to the back cut a u shaped iron bar for the front tire and it all cost less then 400 bucks . now i have room in the pickup for stuff

Comment

You need lots of wood too. Ask Junior.

crank 'em down so that the suspension is compressed
          Is it ok to compress the forks for long periods of time?

Our bike forks were compressed for so long (17 hours I believe) and the torential rain all the way didn't help my brakes. After I rode it around a bit it was all good though.

It doesn't seem good for a bike. I'm just thinking of Juniors/Ranges fancy new ones.
          Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl
            You need lots of wood too. Ask Junior.

crank 'em down so that the suspension is compressed
            Is it ok to compress the forks for long periods of time?

Our bike forks were compressed for so long (17 hours I believe) and the torential rain all the way didn't help my brakes. After I rode it around a bit it was all good though.

It doesn't seem good for a bike. I'm just thinking of Juniors/Ranges fancy new ones.
            The attachments on my bike are to keep the forks compressed.

She'd be smiling if she had 996 cc's of thumping twin power between her legs

Comment

Originally posted by Batgirl
              ..Is it ok to compress the forks for long periods of time?
              Compressing them (not fully!) won't hurt them. They should come down a bit so that the bike is rock solid.

That won't cause a problem unless you leave it that way for the winter. :P

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Originally posted by BISQ
                Originally posted by Wingspan
                Canyon Dancers, 4 tie downs per bike. Find a hill or incline to help, then throw it in the back with a ramp.
                Ditto, except for the canyon dancers. I'm pretty sure that we had six ties per bike on this trip:

Worked great--bikes didn't move a millimeter over the next 800 miles or so, and even through the Gap.. I don't know what Keith was rooting around for in the back of my truck, though.
                Was he staring out the back window looking at his bike the whole time with you? I swear, between carrying his bike back to the cabin in Steve's truck, and then home in the trailer, I think Keith was going to have a heart attack. "Is the bike moving....is the bike moving...is the bike moving?"

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
                  ...Was he staring out the back window looking at his bike the whole time with you? I swear, between carrying his bike back to the cabin in Steve's truck, and then home in the trailer, I think Keith was going to have a heart attack. "Is the bike moving....is the bike moving...is the bike moving?"
                  Now that you mention it....

Except he was saying, "I can't believe it's not moving! It's ROCK SOLID! Wow! I've got to tell (fill in several names here at different times) about this! This is GREAT!

:P

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

Comment

Worked great--bikes didn't move a millimeter over the next 800 miles or so, and even through the Gap.. I don't know what Keith was rooting around for in the back of my truck, though
                    more spare parts to sell on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                      Actually....I ended up with his straps at the end of the trip!

I've got to get those back to him....

Comment

I have a canyon carver/ dancer (whatever you call it) that I got from Keith. It is GREAT!! I can strap it down in the back of my truck by myself and it wont move when I get done. I also have anchor points I mounted in the bottom of the bed too. That makes it easy. I have carried many bikes in the back of trucks and also on a trailer. I prefer the back of the truck personally. Doesn't change the way you drive at all. After the first few miles of driving easy to make sure the bike is good, you forget it is there, and drive like you always do. When you pull a trailer, you have to constantly be aware it is back there. Just my .02

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

That's what I'll probably do as well..not sure if I'll have someone else coming down w/ me or not, but either way, a trailer that size would do well. thanks!

do you know when you are going down?

www.vwvortex.com
                          I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                          Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Originally posted by BISQ
                            Actually....I ended up with his straps at the end of the trip!

I've got to get those back to him....
                            That's okay, he still had my softies!

Comment

matt, you can pick mine up if you dont want yorus ti be alone on the back of hte trailor

Comment

Working...
                              X