Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

friend wants to run me with his 02 gsxr srad 600..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friend wants to run me with his 02 gsxr srad 600..

i ride with 2 other suzuki owners. one's got an 02 hayabusa (wow those are fast bikes), the other has an 02 gsxr srad 600. the busa owner seems to think that my katana 750 and the gsxr srad would be a good race (as far as acceleration goes). seeing as if i'm still wet behind the ears bike-wise, i'm not real hip on actually racing him. i'm just curious how fast the srad is? he's got a yoshi slip-on, and that's it. my 750 has gsxr carbs, k&n pod filters, and a v&h header w/ pipe. i ended up telling him to rip his bike through the gears once, then take mine out and do the same, and tell me which he thinks is faster lol

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
    "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

probably not worth the risk of racing him as the Gixxer if most likely faster. it's lighter and 11 years newer, plus if he's a more experienced rider he might beat you on a slower bike.

Comment

I wouldnt do it, not with that busa there to rub it in, if you did win your friend might get butt hurt.
      2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
      vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
      JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

He easily has 100 + horses plus about 100+ lbs less.

Comment

Have fun, ride at your own pace, not at someone else's.
          Common sense is great, it's just not all that common.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
            He easily has 100 + horses plus about 100+ lbs less.
            Yeah.....sorry, but I think he'd have ya....or the bike would anyway.

Comment

Let them have the braging rights for now!!
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

tell your buddy with the busa to come up here and see me. I will challenge him to the 1/4 mile once my bike is done. I can't wait until it is done. I am anxious to go up against a busa with my 93 Kat 1100 with that new engine of mine. That is my goal...to take a busa in a 1/4 mile.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

unless he's not a decent rider, he'd have you..as the others said, the gixxer is lighter, quicker, and more HP!!

but u can just tell him, hey, atleast Im not a pretzel when I get off my Kat after a long ride!

The main dude I ride with, has a 2000 gixxer 750.. I keep up w/ him pretty good..he's quite surprised actually about that..but hey, I tell him. let me get on that gixxer and show u how to ride it!

Comment

Depends -- do you get to pick the race course? I'd be perfectly happy racing a SRad GSXR from say here (Tampa) to Atlanta (450 miles), and maybe back too.

If you're going to race, you need to figure out where your personal strengths are and the strengths of the bike are. The GSXR is going to beat you off the line unless he has no abilities -- as others pointed out, lighter and far more powerful. Odds are he'll beat you through the curves as well. So the only place you can really take him is where either your own experience will triumph (if he's particularly shy in the curves for example), or where the strength of your bike (long-haul comfort) will give you an advantage.

Or you could challange him to a major overhaul -- his oil, valves, coolant, etc., vs. your valves & oil... (laughing).

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Or, how about not street racing at all and taking it to the track?
                      -Steve

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        Depends -- do you get to pick the race course? I'd be perfectly happy racing a SRad GSXR from say here (Tampa) to Atlanta (450 miles), and maybe back too.
                        i think he'd still win that one, his gas tank's bigger, i've only been getting like close to 100 miles a tank lol

"Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd
                          I think gixxer would be even more domininat on the track!

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd
                            I agree.

An '02 gixxer 600 has superior power and handling. Rider skills being equal you'll get smoked on the straights and in the curves. I ride with a friend that has a cbr600 f4. We dont push riding through the streets, but he can pull away from me at will. To put it simply the newer SS bikes have more power and they're better at putting that power on the ground.
                            '92 Kat restoration/mod project

Comment

that's what i'm thinking of getting this summer, a cbr600 f series. i can't afford a new one, so it'll prolly be like an f3 or something (book value is around $3200 i believe). i've always looked at cbr's like the "mustang" of bikes, 'cause that's what everyone in my town has. i'm just getting tired of not being able to find aftermarket parts for the kat, or having to have them custom made. i'm not sure what the power outputs are in the older cbr's, but i'm sure it wouldn't take many mods to be quicker than the kat, if any at all. if i can play my money right, i'd rather get a cbr 900 like the one that another member here was selling earlier. looked sweet, and with 900cc's, even stock would be plenty fast for me

Comment

Working...
                              X