Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

friend wants to run me with his 02 gsxr srad 600..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takirb
    that's what i'm thinking of getting this summer, a cbr600 f series. i can't afford a new one, so it'll prolly be like an f3 or something (book value is around $3200 i believe). i've always looked at cbr's like the "mustang" of bikes, 'cause that's what everyone in my town has. i'm just getting tired of not being able to find aftermarket parts for the kat, or having to have them custom made. i'm not sure what the power outputs are in the older cbr's, but i'm sure it wouldn't take many mods to be quicker than the kat, if any at all. if i can play my money right, i'd rather get a cbr 900 like the one that another member here was selling earlier. looked sweet, and with 900cc's, even stock would be plenty fast for me
    I have a '98 CBR 600 F3 for sale, see the "For Sale" section
    www.squidbusters.com

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      Depends -- do you get to pick the race course? I'd be perfectly happy racing a SRad GSXR from say here (Tampa) to Atlanta (450 miles), and maybe back too.
      Cannonball run , anybody ?
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

a friend of mine with a v-twin says that i wouldn't last on my "crotch rocket" for a long run. he told me he'd take me with him and his friends on a 250-300 mile run one day and see how i'd feel. i told him bring it on lol

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
        "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

What kinda V-twin does he have? and of course you can you a 300 miles ride! I ride from Portland to Seattle all the time on my Kat (rain or shine)

Comment

I'm up for a Cannon Ball Run. Only if I can get a Monkey to sit on the back of my bike though. That is the only way I would do it. Its just not fun if you don't have a monkey.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

...So the only place you can really take him is where either your own experience will triumph (if he's particularly shy in the curves for example)...

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              I wouldn't EVER challenge anyone to "race" me through curves. ESPECIALLY if they weren't comfortable in them. That's a great way to get someone hurt or killed.

Sheesh, man....what are you thinking? Not good advice, IMO.

Originally posted by stevnmd
              Or, how about not street racing at all and taking it to the track?
              That's probably the best advice out there.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Originally posted by BISQ
                ...So the only place you can really take him is where either your own experience will triumph (if he's particularly shy in the curves for example)...

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                I wouldn't EVER challenge anyone to "race" me through curves. ESPECIALLY if they weren't comfortable in them. That's a great way to get someone hurt or killed.

Sheesh, man....what are you thinking? Not good advice, IMO.
                You're right... I was focused on where the Kat might have a good chance, and not thinking the safety aspect -- which would dictate not racing at all.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                  I think gixxer would be even more domininat on the track!
                  i think you guys are missing steves point. Street racing is a squidly action, and not a good idea
                  Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                    Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                    I think gixxer would be even more domininat on the track!
                    i think you guys are missing steves point. Street racing is a squidly action, and not a good idea
                    Unless you have a Monkey... right?
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                    X