X

My Kat got runned over by a monster truck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kat got runned over by a monster truck

Well my cherry 1989 750 Kat (with 6k miles on it) got backed into while parked. The truck hitch took out the windshield, both fairing, and front light assy.
    Started doing some reseach and found out the Suzuki did not make a burgandy colored 750 kat in 1989. So I called the original owner and she said that when she bought it from the dealer in Seattle it was that color. Not sure what happened but now I am looking for new plastics for my bike. The bad part about it all is the bike will cost more to fix then to replace but as I said the thing is perfect and like new condition.

Where can I get new fairings and misc body parts to put the bike back togather ?

Anyone know what a 1989 Kat with 6k miles is worth to an insurance company. (the truck driver will be turning it in to his insurance)

thanks

jr.

That sucks.. Good luck getting it back together. Nice looking bike.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

that sucks. That is a nice looking Kat. Good luck with the rebuild. You can get some good plastics on ebay.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

sorry man, i hate to see such a beauty get messed up, goo dluck finding the parts you need.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I would suggest e-bay as well. I would check it every day as you never know what will pop up on there.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Fairings may be fixable . Cheaper than replacing .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Blah give him shit for long time to come.
              2008 Ducati 1098
              2001 Suzuki Katana 600
              Suzuki Proud
              Ducati Strong
              Rode across the US and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Comment

if he hit it and his insurance is going to pay then go to a dealer and get new fairings. that is if suzuki still offers them. either way, make them come up with some or pay out to you.

also just an amazing beautiful bike.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

with BarMatt80

Comment

According to RonAyers.com, there are no factory plastics for 89. There are places that sell aftermarket plastics for the 88-97, though, so at least you can get new plastics. You'll just have to paint them.

According to nada.com, the low retail for an 89 is only $835 and average is $1095. Not going to get a lot for totalling it.
                    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                    -Terence

Comment

so no plastics for any pre98 bike then? since 1997 will work as well.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Your best bet is go to the dealership and get a quote for the damage..submit it to the insurance company as reimbursement then get your plastics off of ebay and have them painted to match or get them painted a different color...what ever you want to do...check and make sure that only the plastics are damaged...check the forks frame etc to make sure it's worth "salvaging"....good luck sorry to hear about what happened...
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

What a shame! GL
                          Watch for your Guardian Angel
                          750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Working...
                          X