X

How long b/4 u started knee draggin..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long b/4 u started knee draggin..

How long were u riding motorcycles before you started draggin your knee in the tight corners?

You're first track day maybe? or Maybe you've been a vet. rider for a long time and still dont do it with no desire too...or maybe you got caught going to high into a corner and had no choice but to lean it down and drag ur knee or end up in a guard rail or ditch!

i wanna learn, but as for now if i drag i rip my pants, so i dont plan on it but if someone watns to give me some leather pants, id be more then happy to practice

Comment

I had her over far enough to scrap a peg when I blew a corner last year. May have been close a few times, coming out of a corner at 120(km/h BTW) I tend to be looking ahead not at my knee .

As for you Duff if your skinny enough Newenough had some first gear racing pants on sale $85. That or hit ebay, ton's of leather on there.
      Kyle

Comment

im not interested in scrapping a knee.
        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

First ime was last year in Kentucky. Went into a tight one to hot and the curve turned in on itself.

I touched a knee down and sucked half the seat of a GS500E up my azz.

On my little racers, it happens often. As a genral rule, i don't go out riding with intentions of settin my knees down. When those urges start to rise up again, it's time to head to the track..

Comment

I too learned the hard way....took a corner to high and too fast..and there was a guard rail staring me in the face if I didnt lean it over till I practically could see the paint dribbles on the yellow line..but it ended up ok, and once I got thru it and came out of the turn, I pulled over, realized what i just did..and was half panicked and half excited..

Comment

Got them down for the first time at the Gap last year. That was my major goal of last years rally.

The last thing I wanted to do was to go into a corner too hot, panic, and put a knee/shoulder/head and hip down on the pavement.

Took me a good 3-4 months of trying. I found that you just need to find a nice corner and hit it over and over again until you're comfortable with the lean angle.

As soon as you do it once it's a piece o' cake.

Comment

About a year and a half. First track day ever. On my '03 VFR.
                -Steve

Comment

In Marion Virginia at the KP rally there. Riding at "The Playground". Jay was there, and I asked him for lessons. He still owes me.

Very exciting, but it happened after about a year on the Kat (which means 1.5 summers here in the NE).

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

about 5 years ago, on my last sport bike. 600 Hurricane.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I hate learning the stuff the hard way..but for some of us, thats the only way we learn.. right Jimmy!!

Comment

i've never touched the ground, but there are a couple turns near my house that i make a point to hit at the end of every ride where i can get real low.

Comment

Never have done. I go through the coners so fast I do not have time to put a knee down. If I do I do and if I don't I don't. I scrape my pegs and that is about it. If you go through corners smooth enough you don't need to put a knee down. That is just my .02 worth.
                          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

8 months in to the use of my kat, actually it was this day: ( I was smiling all the way home) the funny thing is that until your 5th knee down event you willl begin to understand why you are doing it.

Comment

I have touched a knee once. I was riding at the gap and the surrounding area after trying to get it down in MI for about two months. Well I went, hit the knee and it was all perfect till the corner tighened up and then I let go of some of the throttle.. Hello low side!!!.. It hurt, there was a guard rail and all. Now I have an old Honda CB1 I am fixing up for a track bike, I have the urge again, and this is where I am going to do it.
                              I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

Working...
                              X