X

Bummed about the SV....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummed about the SV....

While checking bikes out at the bike show, I was anxious to check out the SV 1000. It was my preferred next bike after the kat. Unfortunately,
    after I sat on it I could not believe how low the bars were. I thought it was going to feel more sport-touring ergonomically, but it felt too racer for me. Looks like my next bike will either be a andit1250 or Yamaha FZ-1

My wife loved the first naked version of the first SV,shes 5 foot 4 or so and it fit her well...In 2003 we went looking for bikes and she sat on a new one and said the same thing..bars to low seat to high....She went with a Ninga..

Comment

I used to ride my dad's FZ-1. Absolutely ADORED that bike. I'd love to get one for myself...
      Live and Lean.
      When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
      "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
      Romans 3:23

Comment

When I had my kat 600 every other bike I sat on felt like a repli-racer.
        '01 TL1000R

Comment

The SV1000 S uses a different set of bars from the SV1000 (no S). It also looked like the top of the triple tree was different.

It's most likely possible to do a bar swap so long as you can get the upper triple tree to go with it.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Nice to be comfortable when you ride.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

spiegler makes a rider bar kit for the SVS for a few hundred bucks.

Comment

Yeah , I wan in LOVE with the SV when I first saw it a few years ago (in blue of course) . Until I SAT on it . MAN I hated that seat . Still love how the older SV's (the ones with the roundy frame) look , but that seat ......
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I love the look of those bikes a neighbor was selling a newer one before the Kat and just for fun I went and asked him how much, it was more that I had to spend at the time.

Comment

the SV is definitely a change from the Kats comfy seat. When I first bought mine i thought I had made a huge mistake, but after riding it a few times i have found a good riding position. I still plan on upgrading to a gel seat and getting some bar risers but they are pricey. The SV is still a great bike, but not many sport bikes are going to feel good when your used to a Kat.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Working...
                    X