No announcement yet.
X

What do you do w/ ur lid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I carry mine, makes me look cool! 8) Plus after living in Orlando I have real trust issues.

Comment

I usually use the under-seat lock. It's just a pain having to take off the seat everytime. I struggle a lot with the side lock. Can't seem to get to that thing easily with the helmet on my knees. Maybe I'm just not talented enough.
      2005 Suzuki V-Strom 1000

Comment

Carry it 9 of 10 times. Sit it on the ground during pit stops and lock it to the bike some times really depends

Comment

where i go, it goes
          Big Cory
          SBFMC 707
          2005 Hayabusa

Comment

i always used the helmet lock on my katana. The max doesnt have one so Ill have to leave it on the mirror now
            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I take it with me at work, hang it carefully on the mirror ( be careful setting the helmet over the mirror as you can easily damage the inner foam compromising the integrity of the helmet) for a short stop where I am close to the bike, lock it if I am going into a restauraunt or store.
              AMA member # 224227

Comment

Duff,

Remove the seat while standing on the clutch side of your bike. Look down at the seat area, you will see a metal tab on the frame rail, just behind the gas tank, that is one of the D-ring hangers used to lock your helmet with the seat in place. There are two on your bike.
                AMA member # 224227

Comment

Im w/ Range too..I learned the hard way a long time ago, about putting it on the seat! all it takes is a stiff breeze and away it goes!!

Comment

Yep i too learned the hard way that a seat isn't the best place to put your lid.

Brand new lid - $275.00
                    watching the wind blow it off the seat - scratched paint
                    lesson learned - priceless

now i usually take it with me if i'm staying a while. If i stop for gas or a bite to eat, i usually just hang it off the mirror, and keep my eye on it in case anyone is lookinf for a freebie

Comment

I put it in my locked topcase (locked to the bike). If I stay for a long time, I take the topcase with me... Before I had the topcase I always took it with me when I left the bike out of sight.

And yeah, never on the seat. That was the first thing my instructor taught me.
                      - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Mine goes with me wherever I go (I'm sitting here at work looking at it now). I have a chatterbox and am too lazy to wrestle with it to take it off anf leave the helmet locked on the bike. Once in a blue moon, I'll lock it up but thats it.
                        sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                        MSF Rider Coach 27028
                        MoPowerSports.com
                        Torco
                        SoCalTrackDays

Comment

If I am away from the bike I usually take my helmet with me. On occasion I will use the underseat helmet lock, but only if it is a relatively safe area and I am not too far away. If I am hanging around the bike I will hang my helmet from the passenger foot peg. I do not like leaving it on the ground and the only time my helmet has even been dropped was when it fell off of my side m

Comment

I'm with zleviticus. Glad to see I'm not the only paranoid one around here.

Comment

Originally posted by fulcrum
                              I do different things depending on the occasion:

Rest stops - normally leave it hangin over a mirror on the bike. There are normally quite a few bikes at the places I stop and everyone here seems to look out for each other. Also the bike is normally in sight.

Shops - Hmmm... if it is some little craft community on a ride through the hills I'll lock it to the bike an wander. If it is a local shopping mall I take it with me (although I do normally drive to the mall - the closest one doesn't have specific bike parks).
                              Yup .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Meikol2
                                Duff,

Remove the seat while standing on the clutch side of your bike. Look down at the seat area, you will see a metal tab on the frame rail, just behind the gas tank, that is one of the D-ring hangers used to lock your helmet with the seat in place. There are two on your bike.
                                Yup . I actually e-mailed Special K when I signed up on KP a long time ago asking for a helmet lock because I didn't have one . He said he didn't have any either ! Guess we BOTH learned that one that day !
                                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                                X