Why did you buy a Katana(s)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best £ value and still love it.

Comment

Settled in on the Honda VFR, Suzuki Katana or Yamaha FZ1. Got a list of everything I wanted on the bike and what i'd be willing to pay. Went to each dealer and Suzuki was the first to get me EVERYTHING I wanted on the bike for exactly what I was willing to pay.
      After 25k miles I can't complain one bit. The Kat is a great bike and fits my needs very well. I'm just hoping they come out with a decent replacement by 2008 so I can get another one!!!
      2005 Aprilia RST1000
      2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
      1998 Chevy Tahoe
      www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

I was on a limited budget and the Kat was the best choice + this place was a big help. I love the curves on my bike, all nice n smooth. The weight is a bit more than other bikes but I like a phat chic so why cant my bike have a few extra pounds?

Comment

You know what they say, "If it's free, It's for me". It was free (well had to pay my buddy for gas to get it). He had to many projects going on, so I got it from him.

Comment

With both my kats the price was the biggest reason.
            "Muck, what part of "Thou shall not" didn't you understand?" GOD

Comment

I bought the Kat as an elcheapo "salt-bike", had a Ducati 916 Senna that time which I didn't want to ride in winter because off the salt which is used to de-ice the roads overhere (In big quantities)
              Somehow the little Kat stole my heart and I realised at a given moment that I'd take the Kat more often than really necessairy.
              After a year, a year and a half I crashed the Kat thanks to a locked-up monoshock and I had to decide what to do either give her a second life or slaughter her.
              In the meanwhile the Duc was gone and I had bought a Super Blackbird (getting older you know :lol), but I was missing the kicks the Duc could provide, so I sold the BB and decided to give the Kat an extreme make-over.

Comment

price and sport setup
                97 Katana 600
                [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Wanted an in-line carbuerated aircooled 4 cylinder similar to what I had 20 years ago. Its plenty fast and good looking.

Comment

In the words of the god of speed
                    "I WANNA GO FAST" ricky bobby Tm.

and it was cheap and I wanted somthing that sounded like it had a pair or i guess in this case 2 pair or four of a kind. anyway its cool and PRE 98's RULE!! (and yes i can say this because i dont care) haha. But i do think that they should change the name. I mean how many other bikes actually have a name (suzuki models) or just call it KAT. Well now that I have offended you all, have a nice day.
                    HILLBILLY DELUXE!!.........SLICK PICK UP TRUCKS.....LIVIN IT UP IN A SMALL TOWN....yep thats me

Comment

I bought mine because it is a solid bike, good performance and fun to ride.
                      I had bought my son a 600 Kat and after a few months I decided to go back to the dealer and get myself a 'busa. The paper work was done and all I had to do was sign and ride the 'busa home. But as I was getting ready to sign I decided against and left the dealership.
                      I went back home and took my sons bike on a long ride, interstate, twistes, through town, etc.
                      I went back to the dealership a couple months later and bought my own 750 Kat. I haven't regretted it one minute. I enjoy it everytime I ride. And I've never had anyone say something negitive about my bike.

Comment

I liked the look and the price was very good considering it's performance value. It's a great DIY machine and comfortable to ride for hours. It was even cheap on insurance.

I do miss it but I would be lying if I said I didn't like my new ride better.
                        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
                          Best dollar value and still love it.
                          plus i didnt like the sv that i am now in love with

Comment

Liked the Katanas since the 80s! Finally talked the wife into it and she agreed used bike only due to budget and here came a 98 perfect shape for dirt cheap. When I saw her, I was in awe! Still am!
                            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Always loved the looks. Couldnt help myself, she's perfect!!

Comment

picked it up fairly cheap. Not a bad bike, but I want lighter/faster/newer
                                Live and Lean.
                                When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                                "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                                Romans 3:23

Comment

Working...
                                X