Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

need some translation help... (to french)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some translation help... (to french)

Anyone of you Quebecois out there that has a french term for thread locking agent? I've been trying many auto/moto shops around here asking for Loctite without them understanding and/or them thinking it's a bad idea to use it when I explain what it's for...
    - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

I just asked around the mainly french agency I'm working at. No one could answer me properly, all I got was that a screw's thread, in french is "filet" or "filetage", no one could tell me more than that. Hope it helps!
    brought to you by the letter S, and the number 1

Comment

thanks anyway... I guess I'll have to try around a bit more, with something like "un produit pour coller les filetages d'un vis"...
      - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Yellow, If you can not find it, I could get some here and ship it to you.

Just PM me.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Where's all the canucks when u need em...

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
            Where's all the canucks when u need em...

did some searching on loctite's french site, seems like it's called "freinfilet"...
            - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Le Loctite!

Its in different colour too eh!

ROUGE..BLEU...VERT

Comment

enfin les canadiens sont venus... mieux vaut tard que jamais.

I thought all of you were out celebrating Flag day
                - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Quebecers would never celebrate flag day (I consider myself Canadian before Quebecois anyways - besides I'm an anglophone). This morning it was explained to me as follows:
                  Ah! ... du "Lock-Tite"!
                  Very helpful
                  C'est un produit pour serrer la vice dans ces filets
                  ou
                  d'empecher la vice de dévicer du au vibrations

That's the best I can do here.

Comment

Originally posted by FatBlue
                    Quebecers would never celebrate flag day (I consider myself Canadian before Quebecois anyways - besides I'm an anglophone). This morning it was explained to me as follows:
                    Ah! ... du "Lock-Tite"!
                    Very helpful
                    C'est un produit pour serrer la vice dans ces filets
                    ou
                    d'empecher la vice de dévicer du au vibrations

That's the best I can do here.
                    Actually "freinfilet" did the trick, today I found an auto parts store close to my university that has it.

How's Montreal for anglophones these days? I've heard that the climate changed after the referendum and all...
                    - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

You can find some "Lock tite" at Canadian Tire in the car department and at Auto parts UAP/NAPA(more expensive). I'm francophone and we use the term "Lock tite".

Comment

Actually "freinfilet" did the trick, today I found an auto parts store close to my university that has it.

How's Montreal for anglophones these days? I've heard that the climate changed after the referendum and all...
                        For the moment it's calm, things have a way of building up to a frenzied pitch then calming again. I have a feeling that it will start building up again over the next few years as soon as the Parti Quebecois can get back the power (if the provincial Liberal govt. keeps failing as it has been). As long as you're willing to make a little effort to speak and understand all that's french around you, things are good.
                        Still run like a facist state though, with language laws and language police. Overall - great place to be.[/quote]

Comment

For the moment it's calm, things have a way of building up to a frenzied pitch then calming again. I have a feeling that it will start building up again over the next few years as soon as the Parti Quebecois can get back the power (if the provincial Liberal govt. keeps failing as it has been). As long as you're willing to make a little effort to speak and understand all that's french around you, things are good.
                          Still run like a facist state though, with language laws and language police. Overall - great place to be.

A bit like here, then. Here it's between the flemish (flemish/dutch speaking) and wallon (french speaking) regions; right now the tension is building up with a successful separatist party in the flemish region (Vlaams Blok)... All the foreigners (like me) here doesn't get it at all, like language laws in Flanders that forbids the commune (municipality?) employees to communicate with people in anything but flemish/dutch. In Bruxelles it's easier, they generally agree to speak both languages. It's quite funny, in my commune the employees in the "foreigner section" don't speak english...

The beer and the chocolate are good, though.
                          - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow
                            Still run like a facist state though, with language laws and language police. Overall - great place to be.

A bit like here, then. Here it's between the flemish (flemish/dutch speaking) and wallon (french speaking) regions; right now the tension is building up with a successful separatist party in the flemish region (Vlaams Blok)... All the foreigners (like me) here doesn't get it at all, like language laws in Flanders that forbids the commune (municipality?) employees to communicate with people in anything but flemish/dutch. In Bruxelles it's easier, they generally agree to speak both languages. It's quite funny, in my commune the employees in the "foreigner section" don't speak english...

The beer and the chocolate are good, though.
                            Sounds even worse than here! At least you hockey is still alive in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow
                              Here it's between the flemish (flemish/dutch speaking) and wallon (french speaking) regions...
                              I found the Flemish easier to deal with and easier to understand than the French-Belgium. They didn't seem to have the same attitude... (What, you don't speak French? Stupid Knigit! -- the Flemish don't expect foriegners to speak their language very often, and seemed much more willing to work with hand-signals and finger-pointing at items).

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X