Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

need some translation help... (to french)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    Originally posted by Yellow
    Here it's between the flemish (flemish/dutch speaking) and wallon (french speaking) regions...
    I found the Flemish easier to deal with and easier to understand than the French-Belgium. They didn't seem to have the same attitude... (What, you don't speak French? Stupid Knigit! -- the Flemish don't expect foriegners to speak their language very often, and seemed much more willing to work with hand-signals and finger-pointing at items).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    You wouldn't find much of that attitude here in Brussels... neither from the francophones nor the néerlandophones. It's true as you say though, the walloons are generally worse in other languages (especially english) than the flemings, but I wouldn't say that's only a question of attitude. For many of them, they wouldn't ever need to speak another language than french - not being the case for the flemish.
    - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

I am not so sure the PQ will try to go for the who seperation bit again. I think the frenchmen have realized that the powers that be were more concerned for their own pockets that the well being of Quebec. Montreal is quite bilingual, so it is not so much an issue, but I live 70 miles from Mtl where there is not all that much english. I am english myself, but my family name is Dion....same as the pita bitch Celine, so I can fake it pretty well. And I speak french pretty much fluently, so I get along just fine. I have to be honest though....I am getting pretty sick of it/them. I speak french about 75% and am a minority. I hate it.
      But one thing cool about Quebec....the french here is not the same as in Europe. Lots of slang here. Loc-tite is loc-tite....a tire is un tire...a windshield is un windshield.
      I am only here for the poutines.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Google's service, offered free of charge, instantly translates words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other languages.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
          http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en
          These translating tools can be quite funny, sometimes:

thread locking agent =
          fil fermant l'agent à clef

Translated back using the same tool:

wire closing the agent with key

- Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

that is just how the languages work out huh. lol
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
              I am not so sure the PQ will try to go for the who seperation bit again. I think the frenchmen have realized that the powers that be were more concerned for their own pockets that the well being of Quebec. Montreal is quite bilingual, so it is not so much an issue, but I live 70 miles from Mtl where there is not all that much english. I am english myself, but my family name is Dion....same as the pita biatch Celine, so I can fake it pretty well. And I speak french pretty much fluently, so I get along just fine. I have to be honest though....I am getting pretty sick of it/them. I speak french about 75% and am a minority. I hate it.
              But one thing cool about Quebec....the french here is not the same as in Europe. Lots of slang here. Loc-tite is loc-tite....a tire is un tire...a windshield is un windshield.
              I am only here for the poutines.
              Lot's of slang here too. they are less strict with the french if you compare with the french...

My (spoken) french is getting pretty good now, some people actually think that I'm be belgian. I'm still terribly slow at writing, though... The way I see it is that I chose to move here, so it's my duty to learn the language. Although if I were to stay and build family in a foreign country, I'd like my spouse and kids to learn swedish...

I'm here for the beer.
              - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
              X