X

Every powerslide coming out of turn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every powerslide coming out of turn?

So u begin to come out of a nice curve, you get on the gas alittle too much and the rear wheel does alittle power slide..ur heart skips a beat, maybe after the front wheel comes up alittle bit too..then u get it back under control and after your safely upright again, ur heart starts beating regular and you realize what you just did.

Thats how I felt the first time it happend to me...obviously I dont make a habit of it on purpose or anything..but yeah that first time will throw ur heart into ur throat!!

Um yes...

Comment

Makes the seat wet, too.
      sigpic

Comment

I did that when I first got my bike crossing traffic I hit some sand and thought I was going to lose it
        2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
        vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
        JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

Havent had the pleasure and I relly hop I never will
          Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

haha ive had it happen a few times.. its a awesome feeling i gotta say!

i also love smashing the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd in the wet when the rear is spinning (straight line obviously) its a nuts feeling when ur doing 80 odd k's and ur lighting the rear up and all u can hear is na na na na na na na na! HAHA!! gotta love it!!!

cheers.joe.

Comment

I get it alot on my 1100...especially when there is a little loose gravel or sand. I am curious to see how easy it happens when that 200hp V&H engine hits the road. I am used to it enough that it doesn't really freak me out anymore. Actually, I am starting to like it.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

The first time was totally unexpected but WOW what a rush. An awesome feeling to powerslide out the apex and wheelie up from there.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

ooouuuuhhh yes, and i really could say at this time i lost my heart on the road behind me!
                  i must stop and try to breath normal!
                  West of Germany
                  greetz Carsten

Comment

I've never hit the throttle THAT hard coming out of a corner , as I'm usually pushing the speed limit as it is ! I TRY not to break the speed limit by much more than 15 mph .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It is indeed a great feeling.
                      I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

Nope. Not yet.
                        AMA member # 224227

Comment

I usually do it intentionally when I leave work. Its pretty easy, the asphalt is really slick right there from the frequent number of times that cars leave the parking lot with the tires spinning.
                          I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

Uh, yeah....maybe tooo many times.
                            sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                            MSF Rider Coach 27028
                            MoPowerSports.com
                            Torco
                            SoCalTrackDays

Comment

a powerslide is not sliding due to debris - sand & gravel etc. it's pure HP.
                              i love it - it reminds me of my dirt bike days. that being said on the Kat i can usually only do it on cold tires.
                              on dirt bikes i'd just touch the clutch & i'd slide right out & is helpfull in tight turns.

rear end slides don't bother me a bit - it's when the front starts that get my heart racing.

tim

Comment

Working...
                              X