sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
      MSF Rider Coach 27028
      MoPowerSports.com
      Torco
      SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Not me, I ride like a Grandma

But just wait till I get this new engine in!!!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

A really BIG grandma...
          AMA member # 224227

Comment

Don't be hate'N, or Grandma will not make you any cookies!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I learned how to do it on a dirtbike way back when,...one time I got alittle to much slide and then the rear wheel grabbed all of the sudden and the front end came up really quick on me, I saved it but ended up doing a tank slapper..thank goodness it was on dirt and not pavement.

Comment

scary at first but after a bit trying to push the bike to the limit and being in control is a great bit of fun
                it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
                Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

Did it twice. Both times my arse grew teeth and bit down on the seat. Not something I enjoy.

Comment

I've never did it but I know Ranguardrailen did it ONCE.
                    I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Originally posted by kitkat
                      I've never did it but I know Ranguardrailen did it ONCE.
                      I did something in front of Range once that freaked both him and myself out at the rallie in Ottawa. It was when we were all doing the curve by the lake...back and forth. Over and over. I was redlined in 2nd or 3rd...can't remember.....but I know just into the curve I decided to bring it up a gear. My wheel did some sliding, but the front didn't come up. That is what I don't like about the big kats. They are quite heavy in the front. At least when the wheel comes up in the front, the rear wheel seems to keep a straight motion...even if sliding. But when the front wheel stays down and the power is pushing, it puts you in kind of a weird wobble. All I can say is that I didn't like it at all. I played it cool and all, but when no one was looking I had to jump up and down a few times to get my gonads to to drop down in their sack where they belong.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

its happend to me about 3 itmes once when i was drag racing and i let the clutch out too quick and the back end kicked out to about eh 4 oclock when my front wheel was at 12, the next was down track when the back end kicks out cuz i got out of the gruve and him some oil, that happens all the time but oh well you gotta take it when it happens and just hope you dont high side

Comment

I used to do it all the time on purpose when I was riding dirt. Downshift to second, kick the left leg out, quicly lock the rear brake, lean hard to the left, nail the throttle and HANG ON!!! Bout the time the front wheel was coming down it was time for third, another quick wheelie and time to shut it down for the next one. Sure was great growing up on 5 acres with a dirt bike. Man sometimes I miss riding on dirt. Not really. I have never done it on pavement though.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

No comments about who was driving.
                            Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah, this has happened to me quite a few times in tight turns. Usually the asphalt has a build up of black goo from car tires making it a little slick. Also riding hard on that pebble-top surface will do it too. With my experiences the tires performed well and were predictable in their response.

But, have you had both tires start sliding in the corner?? Now thats a rush...

Or my personal best experience was riding through a turn and a set of rail road tracks intersected it causing a good sized bump. I caught a slight bit of air (in the turn) and the bike moved about 6 inches towards the outside of the turn instantly, both tires slid a bit before they grabbed, and then everything was cool.

Comment

Geez, guys....I ran the Kat pretty hard, and I never had a pure powerslide, nor did I have any kind of wheel lift coming out of a corner.

I have slid her on tar snakes, wet roads, and wasted tires, but never a "powerslide".

I don't know if you guys are running NoS or what, but the ability to be pretty darn ham-fisted on the Kat's throttle (comparitvely) is one of the things that make it such a forgiving bike.

On the R1, there's absolutely zero room for error.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

Working...
                                X