X

Maybe the closest you will get to riding in my head

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all i can say are 2 things....that took some guts

thank God i dont live in a city ...............i think being in traffic like that answers why city people are more grumpier than country folk....not being rude but this is what we see in Australia. City slickers are real rude people.....they have to be when in those conditions.

Take care with the lane splitting......

nice footage

Comment

I agree with Roccop. If I had to face that traffic day in and day out I'd go postal in no time. Cool video.
      There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

That was kind of a strange video, really depressing music, with pictures of your family thrown in.
        I guess if that's in your head, I'm sorry man but you're kinda weird

Nobody here wants to see a ride inside my head
        Live and Lean.
        When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
        "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
        Romans 3:23

Comment

("Last visit" quest continues...)
          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Lane-sharing is allso permitted overhere, but only at a modest speeddifference with the other traffic.
            Imo you're riding too fast Funk, denying yourself time and opportunity to anticipate in case off..
            One rock-hard "lesson" I learned over the past decades is one should'nt ride in a way he/she becomes dependant on awareness, attention or whatever by other traffic for his/hers own safety or he/she will become a sad statistics eventually...
            Please slow down brother, looking at the pics in the vid you're responsable too a nice young family, try to imagine the sadness you would cause too them in the worst case....
            No rant nor offense meant, nor willing to lecture somebody else, just being concerned about a fellowrider.

Let's be carefull outthere...

Comment

I didn't have any sound when I watched it, but I had to stop watching it. honestly, it was giving me the creeps. splicing all those pics in and just the way it is made me think of a drunk driver commercial....you know.....the people you left behind or the people dead. had nothing at all to do with lane spilitting.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I guess if you live in Cali with that much freakin' traffic you would have to man up and lane split. Hell I would eat a bullit if I had to sit in that all day.

What time of day is it in the video?
                R.I.P. Marc

Comment

It was about 5:30 am last Thursday.

That is the 15 freeway over pass joinning the 91 north
                  Coming on a black Kat to a town near you!

Comment

actually that was what i'd consider a very safe speed - although I've a buddy that got nailed for doing teh "right side" passing - that is a big nono here and they WILL nail you for it - stay between lanes and you're good - you go into emergency lanes and you're eventually gonna get nabbed.

FYI - Lane splitting - while legal here - is a judgement call by the officer - and while you can fight it ...you wont win.....the speed in the video was very reasonable - But keep in mind - safe distance (which the vid seems to show)
                    97 Katana 600
                    [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Originally posted by Funk
                      It was about 5:30 am last Thursday.

That is the 15 freeway over pass joinning the 91 north
                      Holy crap don't you people sleep? It was nonstop traffic. Tell me at some point that opens up and the traffic starts to flow at a reasonable pace.
                      R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by goldkat
                        Holy crap don't you people sleep? It was nonstop traffic. Tell me at some point that opens up and the traffic starts to flow at a reasonable pace.
                        Actually it gets worse after that - avg commute time around here is over an hr. Thats if you live close to work.
                        97 Katana 600
                        [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

I dunno, looks awfully close to some of those cars/trucks. Even it being legal doesnt mean that one day someone isnt going to bump over and pin you into another car. I have NEVER EVER thought of lane splitting just because I would rather arrive in one piece than worry if that car or truck is going to accidently drift a little to close and cause me to be into the side of another vehicle or better yet under the tires of an 18 wheeler
                          Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Here is what I took the video as:

Shows what is going through his mind as he rides. The thoughts of his loved ones and songs he might have going through his head. What motivates him as he rides through the never ending rat race. That video captured that, which is cool.
                            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
                              Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                              It's Cali -- lane splitting is 100% legal and standard practice. It's also the primary reason to ride a bike -- imagine sitting in that traffic jam every day.

My only advice is to try to avoid the emergency lanes as much as possible -- that's where traffic motion sweeps all the debris that will readily puncture your tires.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              also cars pulling over suddenly into the emergency lane? a car pulling in front of you suddenly leaving you with no more road to work with. add onto that debry on the road that makes stopping risky. then dont forget those dump trucks inchs away lol.

That happens EVERYWHERE, weather or not you are splitting lanes!
                              Ron
                              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
                                Here is what I took the video as:

Shows what is going through his mind as he rides. The thoughts of his loved ones and songs he might have going through his head. What motivates him as he rides through the never ending rat race. That video captured that, which is cool.

Ding Ding Ding you win the prize!

That is just what the video was all about to me. I just had no idea when I started it that I would be so happy with how well it told a story I could never put into words.
                                Coming on a black Kat to a town near you!

Comment

Working...
                                X