X

Braada Solo Cowl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braada Solo Cowl

anyone know if there is much difference in the seats on a 2004 Kat and an 06?

"Racerback" solo cowls will fit all Suzuki Katana GSX600F and GSX750F - 1998 to 2004
    I want to get a solo cowl for my kat but don't want to order the wrong item.
    '06 600 Katana
    http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
    Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
    Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

It will fit 98 - 06

Comment

98 to 06, 600 or 750 all the same..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Thanks
        '06 600 Katana

Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

I pick up the painted cowl tomorrow. Can't wait! I already tested it on it and it fit like a glove!
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
            I pick up the painted cowl tomorrow. Can't wait! I already tested it on it and it fit like a glove!
            did you take it somewhere to get it painted?

Comment

Originally posted by schlagdogg

naaaaaaa someone stole it and had it painted for him (here's your sign)

sorry couldn't resist using one of Bill Engvall's lines
              '06 600 Katana

Comment

Originally posted by TheWrightKat
                Originally posted by schlagdogg

naaaaaaa someone stole it and had it painted for him (here's your sign)

sorry couldn't resist using one of Bill Engvall's lines
                haha, fine dumb question. what i meant, is where would one go to have something like that done? i don't even know where to start

Comment

some take it to a profeshional paint shop and others do it them selves (like me). if you are interested in doing it yourself then look for a link by Sweet Lou and how to paint. He has a step by step on how to do it.

Comment

Yup, took it to a body shop down the street. It was ready for paint when it arrived.

I ordered 1/2 pint of the paint from color rite and they sprayed it and clear coated it. The thing looks so sweet now!

I would have painted it myself but did not want to mess it up. With the way things have been going lately, I am sure I would have found a way to screw it up.

Your cowl will take a while if you order one but it is well worth the wait! From all the mods I have seen, I think it is the best single mod that can be done with the shovel chop placing second!
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

www.color-rite.com is the way to go. If you're not up to painting it yourself and your paintshop doesnt mind doing it for you you can save alot of money by having them spray on the paint that you supply.

Just an FYI, consider checking out ebay for a spare seat; that way you dont have to take the cowl off and on whenever you want to go 2up. Just swap the seats and you're ready to ride in seconds !

Comment

I do the same Wildkat !
                        sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

I got mine installed and love it. Although my bodyshop guy who painted it said it needed TONS of prepping to come out looking flawless like it does now. He re-did it 4 times before he gave it back to me. I'm sure you can get away with a DIY but such a small peice shouldnt cost much, he charged me $50. I believe a pint of paint cost around $30 so. Local car paint shops wont sell nothing under a pint around here.

Comment

Working...
                          X