X

Technical Differences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Differences

As a new rider, I hear a lot of the talk about the GSXR750s being able to catch up to the larger bikes in the twisties. I assume this includes the GSXR1000. I always thought that those two bikes had the same phyiscal dimentions save for weight. This all is ofcourse assuming the riders have equal skill. Is there any actuall reason why the liter bikes don't perform as well?

/Just curious, really

It is mostly because they are heavier. Heavier means less agile. So while the liter bikes run away from their little brothers in the straight aways, the extra power is not as apparent in the twisties, where weight and handling are more important.

I have been told that a better rider on a solid 250 can outrun (outride) a less experienced rider on a liter bike in the twisties.

This is, for me, anecdotal. I am sure someone who rides both will chime in with a more elaborate explanation.
    AMA member # 224227

Comment

I like Pie!!!

Meikol hit it on the head. 750's more "flickable"
      sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
      MSF Rider Coach 27028
      MoPowerSports.com
      Torco
      SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Originally posted by GixerKat
        I like Pie!!!

Ummmm...WHAT?!!?
        AMA member # 224227

Comment

Lol, Gotcha

Comment

I don't know, I just like Pie!!! One of my favorite lines from "Michael"
            sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
            MSF Rider Coach 27028
            MoPowerSports.com
            Torco
            SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Who doesn't like pie??

Comment

I love Pie.

Wait, what kinda pie are we talking about????
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

hhmm pie and gixxers...

but yeah..the bike the bike, the heavier it is..although even with todays liter bikes getting slimmer all the time, you'll still carve the twisties w/ ease on a 600 or 750 ..better than 1000 or higher .

either way, its still fun..and if u beat the liters in the canyons..they'll get their revenge on the straightways!

Comment

i like pie too
                    rock
                    always working on mods

Comment

i love pumpkin pie. and cherry pie. third is apple.

bikes-
                      yea, i parked next to this gsxr 1000 at bike night once, you should've seen his chicken strips. it was almost like he slowed way down, and then walked his bike through the turn. but i would agree on the impoartance of being nimble when riding twisties. that takes skill, on the straight, all you gotta do is hit the throttle.
                      if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Hey, but what about parfait', now thats a dessert. Fruit and cake. About our beloved bikes, My 600 is a lot more fun to ride than the 1100 I used to own, never mind the brand, like GixerKat pointed out, flickability.
                        2000 Kat 600
                        "Fast Blue"
                        Pic in Profile

Comment

Cake please
                          I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Il take some strawbery-rubarb please
                            PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                            The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Holy hijacked thread Batman

I really enjoy riding my Kat, but when I rode the little 250 in the MSF class it was a blast because it was so agile. The added weight of the liter bike makes it harder to change directions. That means that you can't carry as much speed into a corner. Plus I would think that the power of a liter bike could easily break the rear loose. So the extra horsepower does not help much.

Comment

Working...
                              X