X

Leather Care...Need Help!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Care...Need Help!!!!!

hey guys....so you were all right about the leather jacket I ordered. It was a very nice looking jacket but when I tried it on I knew that if I were in a motorcycle wreck it wouldnt help me at all, so finally my dad decide's to tell me that I can have his leather motorcycle jacket that he used to wear. My first reaction was "I don't want that old piece of shit" mind you its prob 25 years old and hasnt been used in prob 20 years. He's always kept it in a bag hanging up so it doesnt collect dust lol so the other day I decided to break that thing out and take a look at it. It really is a nice leather jacket which I think I will end up wearing. Now my question is what kind of stuff can I use on this jacket to soften the leather some. It's in great condition just kinda stiff. I remember watchin Corbin's Ride on (its on the speed channel i think right before Superbikes" and they showed this stuff that works wonders on leather and money back guarentee but I cant remember the name of it does anybody else have any sugguestions as to what I can use. Thanks Alot Guys....

i found that stuff i was talking about http://www.docbailey.com/leather_black.asp ......does anybody know anything about Doc Bailey or have you ever used it???

Comment

I use some turtle wax spray leather treatment that I got from auto zone on my jacket and it works great. It is meant for vehicle interior leather but it works great and is cheap. They have a few brands in auto zone but if you go that route, make sure it is for leather and not vinyl.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

There's actually a thread about that from a couple weeks ago from Steves I would look for ......
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have a full leather help page on my site that should give you pretty much all you need to know:

CyberPoet's "How to treat and maintain leather"

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

For old leather nothing works better than Dr. Marten's Wonder Balsm. It's made for boots, but it works great.

Comment

Working...
            X