No announcement yet.
X

Not what you wanna see coming at you

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, group riding can be the best thing or the worst if u have a bunch of squids trying to show off..UGH.. god, I hate that!! just ride and have fun..if ur gonna stunt..go to the back of the pack..

Comment

that's why I ride {usually} only with ppl I know. no dumbarses in the group that way.
      - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Ouch that had to hurt
        Live life like there is no tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
          That is EXACTLY why I am not big fan of riding in groups...and when I do, I spend the first few miles looking to pick out the nutcases. A few years ago back a similar thing happened here and he took out about 8 bikes with him resulting in 2 deaths. Not to sound like I have no empathy, but I think he asked for it. I hope he survived ok, but I also hope he feels it for a while...just as a reminder.
          Seeing such pics pisses me off every time again.
          Doing this on a public highway? riding in a group? left lane? passing possible unconcentrated cagers? what if he would slide into the right lane with cagers coming up behind him at "high" speed? It's a true idiot! these kind of assholes are partly responsible for higher rates for medical care and bike insurance and the often twisted ideas of cagers concerning bikes and their riders in general.
          I can tell you, if I'm organising a trip and anyone only tends to go into stunting, I'll kick him out immediately!
          No empathy on my side..., for his family I hope he came out ok and he learned his lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by 977blue
            I don't think I've ever seen anyone screw up a wheelie like that before. They usually either loop it or set it down wrong.
            Ya, I know all about looping it. A little over two weeks ago I looped my TLS. I was board on my way home, following a car that was about 100ft away, in 1st gear rolled off the trottle and wacked it. I hit the gas a little to hard and it did a instant 12 oclock and a second later past 12. I slipped off the seat and down I went. I didn't see much after that, just that when I got up the TL was facing the opposite direction. I did say that little trick cost me about $750-$1000 and a whole lot of work. No more wheelies on my good machines.

Gear is Golden!!!
            Josh

'97 TL1000S, '91 GSF400 Bandit

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
              That is EXACTLY why I am not big fan of riding in groups...and when I do, I spend the first few miles looking to pick out the nutcases. A few years ago back a similar thing happened here and he took out about 8 bikes with him resulting in 2 deaths. Not to sound like I have no empathy, but I think he asked for it. I hope he survived ok, but I also hope he feels it for a while...just as a reminder.
              I feel ya.....pick out the crazies and stay the hell away.
              Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Comment

i was riding with a friend and the same thing happened right next to me. I was locking it down the whole time and stayed even with him as he ate it and then slammed into the curb. He was just cut and bruised but bike was toast after a trilple roll end over end.

Comment

I have no sympathy for people doing wheelies at high speed on the interstate.

That's just friggen stupid.

...and every time I see one of these wreck videos, of which there is no shortage, it reminds me of why it is so freekin' dumb.

...and I like doing wheelies...... just not in that environment, not at that speed and not for some video camera.......
                  Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

I agree
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

man, thats a heck of a screwed up wheelie, I couldn't do that if I tried

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                        H O L Y S H E I T E ! !
                        You can see that sort of thing every day in good weather around here. I keep thinking that I will see one lose it sooner or later. And then they wonder why the cops pick on us. Pisses me off.
                        2000 Kat 600
                        "Fast Blue"
                        Pic in Profile

Comment

DAMN! Some guys can do all the tricks.

Comment

I think that trick is called "Watch me slide for 75 feet on my head with bike not to far behind me..."
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                              I think that trick is called "Watch me slide for 75 feet on my head with bike not to far behind me..."
                              and my buddies front wheel bearing down on me

Comment

Working...
                              X