X

"Drained carbs & synched carbs"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Drained carbs & synched carbs"

If you Winterize and have the bike on the center stand and drain the carbs, should they have about an equal amount of drainage? If some more than others does this mean they might be out of synch?
    LMT

It simply indicates that there is more fuel in some carb bowls than others, nothing at all about flow.

Differing float levels are the likely culprit.
    93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

It is possible that a carb imbalance could cause this. IMO it is unlikely. You could have a sticky float..
      So one bowl (or bowls) were higher due to over filling, or lower due to under filling. Or as Steve said differing float heights. How much of a difference did you see? If the engine was running last on the side stand then put on the center stand off the bowls could be at different heights due to the angle..
      I think....

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        It is possible that a carb imbalance could cause this. IMO it is unlikely. You could have a sticky float..
        So one bowl (or bowls) were higher due to over filling, or lower due to under filling. Or as Steve said differing float heights. How much of a difference did you see? If the engine was running last on the side stand then put on the center stand off the bowls could be at different heights due to the angle..
        I think....
        Not much. In reality the question is posed for my Suz. GS500F (2005). Which I intend to sell in the Spring. My Kat seems to be fine, equal drainage and not that much. (I did have the carbs cleaned and synched at the dealer in Oct. so I am pleased with the result on that bike).
        LMT

Comment

Originally posted by LMT
          Not much. In reality the question is posed for my Suz. GS500F (2005). .
          I wouldn't worry about it.. The GS uses a very similar carb as the Kat.
          IMO it could be a bunch of things that could cause that.. All benign.

Comment

Working...
          X