No announcement yet.
X

What can I expect from a Katana 750?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hooked on the Katana (2006 red silver 750). I also ride a 93 goldwing 1500 smooth ride, 85mph easy. The Katana? great fun, will also pull 85 all day long and easily push 120 mph with no fear factor involved, great bike...
    "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Originally posted by free rider
      Hello,
      As this is mine first post in your forum , have to greet you all, katana bikers.
      I have 750 92 model two 400 89model and one r1 ’03 ,only for trak bike.
      Every day I use my 750 and one 400, for about 70 km . This is the Ideal transportation method for me. I can’t get use the box-moving .
      After approximately 25 years of riding yea still here, believe that this bike gives me the biggest pleasure.
      This voice of four cylinders, the feel of riding this bike, it is something doesn’t want ever to lose.
      In other words, the r1 is a…mixer …but oil cooled katana 750 is A bike..
      I was unaware that they made 400's. But by your typing I roughly guessed that you may be outside of the USA?

Welcome to katriders and I hope you enjoy it here
      Live and Lean.
      When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
      "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
      Romans 3:23

Comment

Originally posted by grslightn
        I love my 750. It accelerates fast enough and if you're sitting far back in the saddle it will pull the front up a little. Once you get used to the handling and power you can carve the twisties like any ss bike on the road.
        I have ridden 300 miles in one day and only had to stop once to relax my arms. If you want super high performance and insurance premium the busa might be for you.
        I just bought a '07 Busa and my insurance went up from 14.21 to 23.40 a month. Not that bad really.

Comment

Originally posted by Moparict
          Originally posted by grslightn
          I love my 750. It accelerates fast enough and if you're sitting far back in the saddle it will pull the front up a little. Once you get used to the handling and power you can carve the twisties like any ss bike on the road.
          I have ridden 300 miles in one day and only had to stop once to relax my arms. If you want super high performance and insurance premium the busa might be for you.
          I just bought a '07 Busa and my insurance went up from 14.21 to 23.40 a month. Not that bad really.
          If I got a busa, my insurance would be in the 300-400 dollar range per month! You're driving record must be fantastic!
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

i just got a2001 750 it handles great, and the pick up is out of the world. it's light and fast. you will have no problems speed with speed.
            eazy1100

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
              Hello,
              As this is mine first post in your forum , have to greet you all, katana bikers.
              I have 750 92 model two 400 89model and one r1 ’03 ,only for trak bike.
              Every day I use my 750 and one 400, for about 70 km . This is the Ideal transportation method for me. I can’t get use the box-moving .
              After approximately 25 years of riding yea still here, believe that this bike gives me the biggest pleasure.
              This voice of four cylinders, the feel of riding this bike, it is something doesn’t want ever to lose.
              In other words, the r1 is a…mixer …but oil cooled katana 750 is A bike..
              I was unaware that they made 400's. But by your typing I roughly guessed that you may be outside of the USA?

Welcome to katriders and I hope you enjoy it here
              Thanks for welcome,
              Your guess is right, form Greece

Must say that was attracted by this forum cause
              is dedicated to katana, gives information and links to internet special parts shops, maintenance , riding...
              very interesting site

the 400 is a water cool bike with a motor similar to bandit 400, that for ten years and more have failed to break

here is a pic from mine , at Ikaria island
              (this bike can do everything ..also enduro..!!!)
              Attached Files

Comment

the 400 is a water cool bike with a motor similar to bandit 400, that for ten years and more have failed to break
                Endaxi !

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Endaxi !

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  What the he!! does that mean?

I had no idea about the 400's. Very cool.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

are blinkers and mirrors optional in greece? your bike seems to have none.

in reguards to the kat i would say that my 600 keeps up with the people i really care to keep up with (myself) and i can easily accelerate past any cager any day. its comfy on longer rides. you dont have to lay on the tank to ride it. which means your neck will thank you. finally it looks fast, and really isnt that what we all really want is the "badass" look when we go whizzing by someone. no? ok thats not what we want. we want a bike thatis fun to ride that is cheap to ride and is easy to ride. the kats fit all 3 of those.

but thats just my opinion.
                    '93 naked kat 600 (wrecked and sold)
                    '82 v45 magna 750 (sold)
                    '80 xj650 maxim
                    "evil" '96 saturn sl2
                    '90 toyota pickup (killed by farm implement)
                    '94 toyota pickup 265000 miles and counting

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33006 my bike as it was

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                      Endaxi !
                      Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                      What the he!! does that mean?
                      It means "cool" and "OK" in Greek. In Cypriot greek (the version I know the best), it's the closest literal-translation would be "And that's the way it's done" (or that's the way we'll do it!", with the "cool" bit implied).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks tons for all the replies. I've been away for a few days, so, just got back to read them.

You guys are really putting the thought into my head of what I figure will happen. Buy a Kat, ride it for a few years in the cheap, and save up enough for a Busa.

By that time, I'll have the $$$ for one, more experience for one, and then I'll have 2 bikes; 3 if I keep the KZ

Keep the comments coming!

Comment

Originally posted by kc5deb
                          Thanks tons for all the replies. I've been away for a few days, so, just got back to read them.

You guys are really putting the thought into my head of what I figure will happen. Buy a Kat, ride it for a few years in the cheap, and save up enough for a Busa.

By that time, I'll have the $$$ for one, more experience for one, and then I'll have 2 bikes; 3 if I keep the KZ

Keep the comments coming!
                          Wouldnt trade my Kat 750 for the world...its got all the ballzz I need and more..but so does my 77 KZ750b and 81 KZ 750 LTD....think I like 750's a bit....

Comment

Yea just gotta keep the bike moving. Stop and go traffic during the day, the tuna no like. The other day my idle was nearing 3000, cuz i was stuck in world famous Hawaii Rush hour. Fun stuff.

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagin
                              Yea just gotta keep the bike moving. Stop and go traffic during the day, the tuna no like. The other day my idle was nearing 3000, cuz i was stuck in world famous Hawaii Rush hour. Fun stuff.
                              (A) When you get stuck and the idle climbs that high, reach down and turn it down -- or better yet, go park and wait for the bike to cool (or find an alternative route).

(B) You might seriously want to invest in an oil temp gauge & sender. I sell a superb set that's water-proof/weather-proof (see my special offers in the KR members Specials forum -- $88.50), or there are other good ones on the market (not that cheap though). By the time the idle gets to 3k (if it's normally set to 1200-1300), it's a good sign the bike has overheated and the oil is toast & needs to be changed ASAP.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X