X

Pazzo Racing Levers ???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pazzo Racing Levers ???

After doing a search here and three other boards, I haven't found any comments, good or bad, on these levers.

I was perusing ebay and found these levers: Pazzo Racing Levers .

I'm not one for bling but these are nice looking, even though I like the ones whith the finger notches better (at least in the looks department). But I want more info before I consider forking over 160 smackers. I still want to get HS2020's Hel brake lines first. New braided lines are more important. But I was just wondering if can justify the cost especially when Ractech's Gold Valve is the same price and I want to upgrade my forks as well.

Anybody have any info on these levers?
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

I have some on my vfr 800 and i love them.

Comment

I'm guessing one of our machinist types here could fab you a set of levers that actually are designed specifically to your own fingers if you can make an accurate mold for that kind of price... lay your fingers in some cheap art-store fast clay, let it cure, then cut it with a bandsaw or other saw at the spot you'd want your fingers to lie across it, then send them that clay master to work off of...

Just a thought.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

CP that will only work if one of the machinist types on here are being very generous. $160 for those levers is a reasonable price. Personally I would stick with the $10 cast version because I am cheap.

Comment

I would put the cash into a racetech set up...

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
            CP that will only work if one of the machinist types on here are being very generous. $160 for those levers is a reasonable price. Personally I would stick with the $10 cast version because I am cheap.
            I am like you....but not so much in the sense that I am cheap.
            It has just been my experience that when a bike falls over, more often than not I snap off a lever.
            snapping a $10 lever and snapping one from a $160 set is the difference between me saying, "oh shit".......or being royally upset.

but they are really nice. I added it to my favorites.....in case my rebuild turns out to warrant a set.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
              snapping a $10 lever and snapping one from a $160 set is the difference between me saying, "oh shiate".......or being royally upset..
              Those levers I believe are hinged so that they fold up rather than break in a crash.. That is where the $$ is..

However I can break a lot of $10 levers before I start thinking:
              1. I need to get fold up levers
              2. I need to learn to ride a motorcycle better!

I think the market is really racers, that way you don't get a DNF over a lever snapping..

Comment

I have been in contact with that guy and he asked me about a group buy. So I need to put up a thread to gauge the intrest. Then we can go from there. They did not know that the levers for the 98+ would work on the pre98's. I sent them a message to let them know.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

i'm thinking of getting a shorty set for my s-hawk.

there is also CRG & st machine levers

tim

Comment

On a related thought, I saw these earlier this week in an UK publication -- twin hydraulic control levers in a single paired arrangement (primarily intended for single-armed/single-handed riders, but I realized they could also be used for rear brake control and/or multi-step/multi-pressure control) :

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have had my shorty Pazzos for over a year and love them!!!! Even crashed them and didnt break tham!!! Wonderful levers
                      sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                      MSF Rider Coach 27028
                      MoPowerSports.com
                      Torco
                      SoCalTrackDays

Comment

The only thing that concerns me with those levers is how well the anodizing holds up over time (wearing threw it from use). I've posted the question over at gixxer.com a while back and haven't heard of any problems. I beleave the black levers are hard coat anodized and should hold up much betterthan the other colors. If fitment is a problems with pre 98's you can convert over to 01-03 gixxer clutch and brake perches. I've done that and works great (extra cost though)... Some day I'll by a set of CRG shorty gold levers, love those things!

Comment

those shortys looks sweet!

Comment

CP that will only work if one of the machinist types on here are being very generous. $160 for those levers is a reasonable price.
                            I agree you don't just carve up a set of levers that nice in 10 minutes. The lever adjustment has had a certain degree of engineering done to it too.

Comment

Originally posted by damic
                              CP that will only work if one of the machinist types on here are being very generous. $160 for those levers is a reasonable price.
                              I agree you don't just carve up a set of levers that nice in 10 minutes. The lever adjustment has had a certain degree of engineering done to it too.
                              Well I'm an Engineer/R&D machinist. A guestimate of time & $$ to make a set of custom pazzo levers would be about:

A) 2-3 hourse of cad work for all the parts

B) 4-5 hrs of machine work

C) $75 for anodizing

Custom stuff takes a while. After you've designed, figured out everything and were producing them enmass, it would be about less than an hour machine time & maybe $10 anodizing them.

Comment

Working...
                              X