X

Lead or Follow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead or Follow

Riding out in groups, or just w/ 1 other rider..are you a leader or a follower? It takes a certain type of rider to lead...you have to set the pace for the rest of the group, know the area, etc.
    Lead
    0%
    Follow
    0%
    Either/Or..I'm comfortable doing both
    0%

If in a pack I prefer to follow but if I am in say two or three rider pack I make the decision depending on the other riders.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Doesn't matter to me If I lead or follow. Most of the time I do lead though is when we have new riders to our group. I just do not trust them so I like to lead in that situation. Last time I was group riding a idiot on a Bandit 1200 took out a guys clutch lever, himself and a NICE BUSA.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I am cool with both as long as someone in the group has a Chatterbox in the back or in the middle.
        1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
        2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
        Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

im happy to do both, but i usually find myself at the pointy end of the feild haha

why do you think i have my username? i didnt come up with it

cheers.joe.

Comment

Most of my riding last summer was with people just learning. I did alot of "chaperone" riding for people with temp permits while in the process of taking the bike course. They have to be with a licensed rider accompanying them on another bike. So most of it was follow to keep an eye out on them.
            But normally it depends on who I am riding with. If there is crazies in the group, I let them go in front. My reason being is I have faith in avoiding them if something happens. If something happens to me, or I have to stop quick, I have less faith in a cowboy being able to avoid me if he is in the rear.
            Like when I am in my cage...I rather have a semi in front of me than right behind me.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I prefer to ride alone, I haven't riden with anyone else in years.
              I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Follow Beekman.
                Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1100FL
                  I prefer to ride alone, I haven't riden with anyone else in years.
                  Are you coming to the gap? dont worry,we'll teach ya the ins n outs of group riding.

Comment

I dont know how many other Kats there are in my area, or even how many groups there are that I could ride with. Most of the groups that I have seen lately are really young riders with new bikes. I dont like that. So I am not used to riding in group per say, but I did used to ride with a couple of guys, but never more than 2 at a time.
                    2000 Kat 600
                    "Fast Blue"
                    Pic in Profile

Comment

Will lead or follow. Its all good.

Comment

I like to follow for a few reasons . Most important (to everyone else!) is that I get lost easily . That's why I carry maps with me . I also don't like people following me . I've had a couple riders ride almost right up my a$$ a few times . Plus I like to be able to keep an eye on everybody , make sure nobody gets left behind for whatever reason . That's why I carry tools , first aid kit and stuff with me . But if I know the area and know where I'm going , I have no problem leading as long as the person behind me doesn't follow too closely . I tend to slow down and wait alot though if I loose sight of someone .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I prefer to follow, even just when riding wiht Nick. I prefer to not ride in large groups.
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I usually lead as I am the one with the route all planned out. If we are on a straight stretch, where we don't have to make any turnes, or if there is someone else in the group that knows where we are going, I sometimes fall into the back and just cruise along.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I prefer to follow. Comfortable at most pace, so I just go with the flow. I also learn real quick how the one in front drives/moves. Rather have someone that's not paying enough attention if front of me, rather than having them drive into me
                              Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Working...
                              X