X

Lead or Follow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

either or it doesnt matter to me!!
    Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't mind leading and don't mind following either. Just depends on my mood and whats on the mp3 player. If it's Disturbed, then I'm gone so leading is what I do. If it's Linkin Park or something mellow like that, I usually follow. When BearKat and I ride, we split it about 50/50 and just go. Last time I led and we ended up dirt riding (sorry guys!!)
      sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
      MSF Rider Coach 27028
      MoPowerSports.com
      Torco
      SoCalTrackDays

Comment

depends on how well i know the road. i ride a little fast in groups but not crazy - so i'll stay in back of the 'a' group if their pace is reasonable but normally i find myself in the mix of the 'b' group. if it's a large group sometimes i lead the 'c' group ( which i hate unless i want to go slow )

i think if you lead you need to make sure that the 'followers' know the rules. my #1 is ride your pace - because i as leader will set the pace to the slowest rider. if you are riding over your head i'll think your fine ( until i see you blowing corners - that mandates the group stopping and going over the rules again.

tim

Comment

I'm a follower. I don't have to know where we're going or worry about anyone riding too close that way.

Comment

With Kristy (My girlfriend), she's kinda nervous around cars so my buddy Sam and I basically run interference for her and keep the traffic behind us and her up front. That way, she controls the pace and where she wants to ride.

If she thinks she's lost, she freezes.. She does this in her car too, so it's not a bike thing. I need to work on that with her.
            The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman!

Is Koori25 doing what I think he's doing?

Clear !!!!!!

OK, this thread's alive again folks!
              -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
              -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Never Follow "Nie Folgen" Well that's Audi's says anyways but that's on the Audi. On that kat a would follow...

Comment

Originally posted by mharrison

Clear !!!!!!

I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

oops - double post.
                    I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

Me and another rider it does not matter, whoever knows where we are going. In a pack (4 or more), the only time I lead is I'm the one with the directions. Other than that I'm following.

After all, I am the smartest squid I know.
                      The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I can pretty much do both, but after seeing my bud wipe pretty harshly on his 98 Kat, sometimes when riding behind I cant take my eyes off the rider or riders in front of me seeing mistakes they make or just worried about them getting around the next corner. Gets me not thinking of what I'm doing.. Plus I know more roads and routes then the people I ride with..

Comment

Mojoe said
                          But normally it depends on who I am riding with. If there is crazies in the group, I let them go in front. My reason being is I have faith in avoiding them if something happens. If something happens to me, or I have to stop quick, I have less faith in a cowboy being able to avoid me if he is in the rear.
                          Like when I am in my cage...I rather have a semi in front of me than right behind me.
                          I agree , In a group I know well I din't mind leading though.
                          Mind over matter , if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Comment

I don't mind either way, but if the ride leader is acting like an idiot, I am bailing.
                            Ron
                            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Spud
                              Originally posted by mharrison

Clear !!!!!!

Damn, I didn't notice dates... Wow.. Ya got me.. My fault.. Sorry everyone
                              The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

i'm a noob so I follow usually a few miles back.... (not really )

Comment

Working...
                                X