X

How much Insurance do you pay?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Sky_
    I'm in Canada so it's different ... I pay 375$ a year but I do have full coverage ....

05 Kat and well I'm 41
    Is that a picture of you on your bike in your profile??? If it is WOW ....you look great for 41...actually I thought the person in the picture was in her late 20's early 30's...hubba hubba...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

man some of you guys are paying too much, im 20 and have a clean record, mines only about 180 a year not that bad..

Comment

Insurance rates have a lot to do with crime rates in your area. Some of your insurance rates are higher because of the increased crime rate.
        www.myspace.com/teryn32 www.burninrubber.org
        www.gcherricanes.com

Comment

Yea, i think some i'm getting a decent price on my insurance through State Farm.

Bike: 600
          Company: State Farm
          Policy: Liability
          Rate: ~$100 a year

I'm on my own policy, so i'm not getting any discount or what not from being on a parents.

Comment

Bike:600
            Company: Progressive
            Policy: Full Coverage
            Rate: ~$658/year.

I got hit because it's not enclosed when not being ridden (carport). It dropped after having the bike for a year and I'm hoping it'll drop again after my birthday next summer.
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

some rates are also higher due to traffic conditions, speed violations in the area (not just yours), accident rates in the area (not your accidents - someone elses), income for the region (go figure), and theft.

Lets also not forget that places in the west coast area (nevada, arizona, california) you can ride all year - where places where you can only ride a few months out of the year tend to have lower insurance.
              97 Katana 600
              [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Motorcycle insurance is cheap in Louisiana.

1997 Kat 600
                Geico
                lowest liability allowed by Louisiana law
                54 yrs old Married

$67.00/year

//Michael J

Comment

I've never seen the logic for getting anything more than liability on a bike. They're cheap enough to fix if you should happen to have a wreck. I trust insurance companies about as much as I trust e-mails from Nigerian princes wanting to give me free money or politicians.

Think I'm about $325 or so a year - 35 y/o, no accidents or tickets in the last 3 years, etc. It's Progressive (which kind of shocked me, since their vehicle rates suck so badly).
                  ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                  Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

Wow just about everyone has a way better rate than me.
                    Age 23
                    one ticket in last 4 years (not reckless)
                    Insured through geico
                    650 range for liability
                    also have two other vehicles insured through them.
                    married
                    dont get it, my 92 ford F150 is $25 a year for liability. So I guess I can do more damage with my 400lb bike than my 3000lb truck. I mean after all, all liability covers is damage you do to others.

Comment

Insurance Company: State farm
                      No tickets (on record)
                      2005 Katana 600
                      Full coverage: $548 per year

I was quoted $228 a year for liability only but decided I wanted to have collision for at least the first 6 months of driving (first bike)

I have been with state farm since I was 15

I also have a 2002 turbo jetta and a 1965 MG midget insured with them along with a life insurance policy, but the woman at state farm says the multi-vehicle discount does not apply to motorcycles.

To the best of my knowledge State farm charges based on engine size only, meaning I could upgrade to an R6 for the same amount.
                      "The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed."

-J. Krishnamurti

Comment

Progressive

Progressive
                        Sothern California
                        $423.00 per year for liabiality
                        1990 Katana 750
                        1 speeding ticket, 1 seatbelt ticket
                        24 Y/O

Comment

Maybe I should move out of South Florida (one of the crime capitals of the world not to mention one of the "worst driver" capitals of the world)....

I pay $1,107 per year (full coverage with Progressive)

married, over 25, no tickets, secured enclosure for storage, 06 kat 750

just for giggles i got a quote from my insurance agent for the following bikes:
                          06 GIXXER 600: $1,750 per year
                          06 BUSA: $3,007 per year[/img]
                          One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Progressive 74 bucks a year..

Comment

Working...
                            X