X

trouble with seat!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble with seat!

i just got a 1995 katana 750 and I can't figure out how to take the seat off. The salesman at the dealership and my friend both tried but they couldn't either. I took the side fairings and the tail light cover off to put on new turn signals but it was a b*tch because I couldnt get the seat off. What is the key slot for on the side if not for the seat?

There's also a little pull-ring under the fender . Stick your head under there and look . It's on the left side . Turn key , pull ring , seat pops up .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I did that and it doesn't do anything, I think the seat must be broke because I tried everything and nothing gets that seat off

Comment

I just had to turn the key, and yank up on the back of the seat pretty hard. Maybe your latch isn't functioning correctly?
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

on many seats, it helps if you push down while turning the key......then it lifts off. I have to push down on mine a bit.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I know what your dealing with. My 93 750 is a pain too. the best way for me ... Pull down back ring release..as you lift a little on the back end of the seat, it will release and pop up a little. Then use you key for the front lock.
            I cant get the seat off any other way.

Comment

+1 sharpshooter,,on my 93 I have to turn the key first while pulling on the ring release then let go of the key while holding the ring, pull the tailsection of my seat one side at a time then while pulling up on the tail of the seat turn the key and it pops right off...been that way for 13 years....and I'm used to it!!

Comment

It's simple..
                Buy angle grinder...

Kidding.. It take some fanagling..
                The right combo of twisting pulling and banging..
                I think it may also be different for each bike..
                Go figure..

Comment

Working...
                X