X

Storing your bike without a garage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing your bike without a garage

You don't have a garage, but want to store your Kat for the winter. What do you do? Well, I really don't know because....ummmm....what is this thing you call winter .

Anyway, I happened to come across this product that may work for some of you guys for winter storage and year round use:

Product description from the website:

"CYCLESHAKTM (Cover and Product) is a "clam shell" concept storage/transport container, which protects motorcycles, snowmobiles, wave runners and ATV’s. CYCLESHAKTM Is a very attractive design made of ABS plastic and steel. The top is hinged with 2 quality gas assist springs. Once the CYCLESHAKTM cover is lifted the springs hold the top in the open position. In the closed position the cover fits snuggly into the base. The base has drainage holes, grooved tracks, and a molded wheel stop with tie down and locking capabilities. The CYCLESHAKTM base can be secured to a flat bed trailer for travel storage protection. In the closed position, one end of the CYCLESHAKTM is hinged from the inside top cover to base. On the other end, inside of the unit, the cover and base will lock. The CYCLESHAKTM dimensions are 127” long by 48.5” wide, by 53” high, and it weighs 250 Lbs. CYCLESHAKTM will accommodate most motorcycles, snowmobiles, wave runners and ATV’s manufactured in today’s market place."

This thing may be impractical if you live in an apartment, but might be good if you own a home and just haven't got a garage. I'm not affiliated with the company nor do I know more about the product than what the website states. Just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone was interested in it. I remember seeing threads over the summer about folks thinking about buying sheds for their Kats - this might be a better alternative.

Take note. It looks to me like the motorcycke graphic at the top left on the "products" page of the website is a pre-98 Kat. With all the other bikes out there I found that interesting.
    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

A friend of mine put one on a trailor for his snowmobile and it works great. It is water tight, and also has vents for air if need be. Very lite but very strong. Tho only thing he doesn't like is that it doesn't leave alot of room for a person to push or pull the bike in or out.

Comment

aaaaah i just use the kitchen....lol
      i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

I can't help but notice they have a pre98 in the top banner. I've been looking into something like this for my bike since it gets stored outside year round. They also have one that folds up flat (maybe not this company, but i've seen one) so it's a lot easier to store. I'm proabably going to get that one just for practicality reasons.

Comment

i would be interested in having one to put on a trailer. great protction for long hauls. doesn't say what the price is though....anyone know?
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I imagine it isn't cheap to have shipped either. that size and 250lbs......might be costly.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I'd ummmput it in the house......I hate when my bike sees rain let alone NY snow and all the shit that comes with it..

Comment

I just throw a cover over it . But then , I do that all the time anyway .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X