No announcement yet.
X

Pursuit Laws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we post this in the afformentioned Law enforcement thread to get their opinions?

/completely joking *grin*

Comment

I dont think I would want to find out, better off not runing.
      I make a point to get cops attention when I'm out so they know me.
      A few weeks ago I was speeding down the road outside a school zone
      going about 20 miles over the limit(more then enough to get stoped around here in a car)I came to the top of a hill and coming toward me was the bike cop in a crusier. He gave me a half grin and a wave as he passed. I've tried to race him on his bike the first time I met him and he
      spanked me hard,those are fast bikes.
      2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
      vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
      JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

i have heard alot of stories from Florida Tampa riders that the highway patroll go crazy trying to catch bikes , their camaro's suposedly go 169 and some people slowly out run them going over 180.
        Also heard that they went head on with one guy who even had a passanger on the freeway and he said he had to realy try to avoid the cop from hiting him becuase he kept turning at him.
        also heard they try to hit him with their flashlight. out the window.
        i have seen guys loose the sherif cars all the time sometimes a few times a night. i have also seen a FHP turn in the median realy fast (to catch guys going down the freeway at 150 ) and almost hit other bikers that were going normal speed as he fishtailed in the grass out onto the road.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
          I'm from Missouri as well. I know for a fact they can't pursue motorcycles in Kansas City, and I HEARD they can't pursue in Ill. But other than that...
          Thats right, I know it is against regulations to purse a motorcycle in IL. That doesn't mean they won't give it a shot, but they are not supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Malloc
            i have heard alot of stories from Florida Tampa riders that the highway patroll go crazy trying to catch bikes , their camaro's suposedly go 169 and some people slowly out run them going over 180.
            Also heard that they went head on with one guy who even had a passanger on the freeway and he said he had to realy try to avoid the cop from hiting him becuase he kept turning at him.
            also heard they try to hit him with their flashlight. out the window.
            i have seen guys loose the sherif cars all the time sometimes a few times a night. i have also seen a FHP turn in the median realy fast (to catch guys going down the freeway at 150 ) and almost hit other bikers that were going normal speed as he fishtailed in the grass out onto the road.
            I wouldn't be surprised if the various sheriff's dept did much of what's being attributed to the FHP; maybe even the ocassional FHP with the Camero's... a lot of it has to do with time of night, traffic levels, and location. Once you're northbound past SR54 on I75 any weekday morning between 3AM and 6AM, except for two speed traps (one about 15 miles south of Gainesville, the other about 20 miles south of Ocala), you're pretty much clear between SR54 and about 15 miles before the state line, except for within the city limits areas of Gainesville and Ocala, plus a couple miles each side of the I-10 cloverleaf. At least from my experiences. Forget trying it within 25 miles of Tampa, or anywhere within 15 miles of either end of Alligator alley.

Cheers
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyber, when I move down there, you are going to have to show me the area. I went into Florida this past week, and man it was beautiful. I only went as far as Destin, then went back. I can't believe all the hurricane damage still.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

I don't think I wanna find out in TX. I think our laws probably allow use of deadly force in a pursuit and I don't need to go out guns a blazin for running from the law.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                  Cyber, when I move down there, you are going to have to show me the area. I went into Florida this past week, and man it was beautiful. I only went as far as Destin, then went back. I can't believe all the hurricane damage still.
                  No problem. When are you planning on coming down here permanently?

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I will be moving end of August, Early September. Living in Alabama about 15 minutes from Mississippi right off Hwy 10. By then I should have the 1127 all set and broken in. How far away are you from the Panama City Beach area?
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                      I will be moving end of August, Early September. Living in Alabama about 15 minutes from Mississippi right off Hwy 10. By then I should have the 1127 all set and broken in. How far away are you from the Panama City Beach area?
                      According to MapQuest, just a hair under 400 miles... Quite a ways.

Cheers
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Wow, that it is. Florida is just so darn big! I have always wanted to head to Miami. The farthest south I have ever been was Fort Lauderdale.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

There are no pursuit laws here in Augusta Ga. but the cops will not chase sportbikes. They will go after Hardly Moving, I mean Harley-Davidson riders. The cops that ride with us say that because of the road layout and the speed and handling of a sportbike, its best to just let them go. They have more of a problem with the cruiser riders anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaTX
                            I don't think I wanna find out in TX. I think our laws probably allow use of deadly force in a pursuit and I don't need to go out guns a blazin for running from the law.

Scary

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                              Originally posted by Crackshot
                              I'm from Missouri as well. I know for a fact they can't pursue motorcycles in Kansas City, and I HEARD they can't pursue in Ill. But other than that...
                              Thats right, I know it is against regulations to purse a motorcycle in IL. That doesn't mean they won't give it a shot, but they are not supposed to.
                              I know nothing of jurisdictional laws. That being said, if someone blew over the JB bridge from MO to IL while being chased, would MO have to terminate and leave it to IL to continue or terminate?
                              Jut curious.....
                              Bikes don't kill people, People kill bikes.

Comment

Working...
                              X