X

SnowKat-This might hurt a little...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SnowKat-This might hurt a little...

So my buddy was all excited to go pick up his new bike. Saturday morning we get up at 4am, hook on the trailer and take off for an 8 hour trip. On the way down the weather was amazing and we even thought we would be able to take her for a test drive once we got there. As we arrived it started to snow and by the time we got the bike on the trailer and the trap covering everything up, the snow is just hammering us. Our 8 hour drive down turned into a 17 hour drive home. Including and hour at the Canada/USA border but that's another story. Once we got home it took about 4 hours to get the bike off the trailer. The ratchet straps, wheels and brakes were all frozen solid. Next, we fired up all the heaters (including hair dryers) to melt the ice. Finally, we could see the bike again but it still wouldn't move off the trailer. Turns out the bike was frozen in gear. MORE HEAT, problem solved. The good news is, believe it or not, there is not a mark on the bike. It’s mint.

Hey I just thought of something.....where the hell did my trap go? Hmph oh well...if anyone finds a blue tarp on hwy 81 it's mine.
    I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

oh man, that poor beast !!! Have you been able to start it up yet ?

Becareful w/ possible condensation with all that ice that got melted off too !

Comment

that sure is one way to wash a bike

Comment

Its a true Canadian Kat!
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Damn KitKat, that is one sweet snowmobile....
          Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Make sure you clean the heck out of that thing RIGHT NOW!! I trailered a bike through a similar situation and didn't. A couple weeks went by and I went out ot have a good look at it and the frame was starting to rust, rims were all rusted, etc. Just clean her up nice to get the salt off of her.
            I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

that is better then the white castle story

Comment

We spent the next few days and nights cleaning her up. Now, shes parked in a nice warm garage waiting for spring.
                I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Hey KK, I found your tarp. It is right next to the exhaust in the last picture.

Thanks for the story!
                  AMA member # 224227

Comment

Hey look it's frosty, the friendly Kat.

Comment

THATS why we keep you!

Goes to show how great the Ontario Kat gang are and how far we will go to help a buddy!

When is Dan going to sign up here?

His name should be IceKat 8)

Comment

All that white stuff is just depressing if you ask me, give me sunshine
                        THINK I CHEAT? MAYBE YOU JUST SUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by tmsz
                          Hey look it's frosty, the friendly Kat.
                          no thats not frosty, thats just his new mode of transportation..i hear he's trying to convert santa and the easter bunny too !!!

Comment

Some great pictures right there.

Comment

Ha, a trailer? What a wuss.
                              Suzuki Katana: The best underated motersicle in da woild

Comment

Working...
                              X