X

Oil level question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil level question

Is it bad to have your oil level OVER the full mark on the side site guage? I figured its not near as bad as having it below the low mark. Please PM me and let me know.

I would assume it is the same as a car and you will blow seals if you are way over on oil.
    2008 Ducati 1098
    2001 Suzuki Katana 600
    Suzuki Proud
    Ducati Strong
    Rode across the US and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Comment

From what I understand, as long as the oil level is not over the top of the sight glass. A bit high should not be a problem - if you have any doupts - just drain a bit off....

Comment

It's a non-issue if you aren't significantly above the top of the window when measured correctly (i.e. - not measured with the engine parked for hours).

The correct way to measure your oil on any 88 - 06 Kat:
        Start the engine and let it run 2 minutes. Shut the engine off and check the window 45 to 60 seconds after shutdown. This is the correct oil level.

Reading it while running will give you an artificially low reading.
        Reading it without running it first will give you an artificially high reading.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Re: Oil level question

Originally posted by Black Kat 750
          Is it bad to have your oil level OVER the full mark on the side site guage? I figured its not near as bad as having it below the low mark. Please PM me and let me know.
          I try to run my oil above the F on the site window to the point where you can hardly see anything but oil.

Comment

Working...
          X