X

Top Speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Speed

Ok, so we all know riding motorcycles isnt just about how fast we can go, there's a whole nother world out there besides speed! BUT, we all get that itch now and then..at the track, on the highway, etc.

So let's see it. What's the fastest you've even been on a motorcycle and the fastest you've ever been on your Kat !!
    170 +
    5.77%
    150 -170
    11.54%
    130-150
    36.54%
    100-130
    30.77%
    80=100
    9.62%
    I only ride the speed limit..u guys are nuts !!
    5.77%

i think i hit 135 on the kat. i wasn't lookin at the speedo, but i'm pretty sure i was around there. i don't get the balls that much, but that time i ran out of road
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

The only time I speed more than 85 or so is when passing on two lane roads (only when I can see far enough ahead). I really roll on the throttle when passing though. I looked down while really pulling on it and I was at 125. Go me! My bikes too slow, and I'm too big/not experienced enough to do anything faster. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by soccersteve
        i think i hit 135 on the kat. i wasn't lookin at the speedo, but i'm pretty sure i was around there. i don't get the balls that much, but that time i ran out of road
        yeah, Ohio is flat enough that you can see for miles and all the roads are straight. ha ha

130 on the Kat and just 110 the other day, but I am not proud of it. 150+ is the fastest I have been on the street.
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

ive taken my kat to 260kmph meaning 155-ish mph, it didnt have much left in it, it was sitting on 12k rpm.

sat on that speed for a good 60 sec haha it was a unreal feeling at first seeing the speedo needed nudging 260kmph (end of speedo) and sitting on 12k rpm. i tried to get it to go further.. it wouldnt push past 12krpm tho

thats about to change... 16/42 sprockets and a tdo5 turbo im currently installing should change that

cheers.joe.

Comment

Ok..... I admit it........ I did do it. Twice. 'Prolly the last times, too. Scared the crap outta me after I did it both times.

I nudged it a little over 150 trying to catch a Diablo on the 5. (Got him, too)

Open stretch of Hwy 58 north, the back way into Bakersfield I opened it up to 177 for about 7 or 8 seconds. Didn't remember to look at the rpm's, I just remember that I had some more twist left in the throttle and a few more numbers left on the speedo.
            sigpic

Comment

I tend to take it fairly easy on the Kat, but have gotten it up to indicated 130.
              :-m However, I have been to 145 on my buddies Sprint RS. Thats plenty fast for me!

Comment

i had the Kat to 125 trying to keep up with a 954(NOT!), i was giving it hell and he was playing around. haven't had the SV over 105.

Comment

130-150
                  Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Indicated 110 or so for a moment while passing. Still had a lot to go, but I don't want to take that kind of risk on the street. Now if I can get to a track and get a full set of leathers, I will let her run as fast as she will!
                    AMA member # 224227

Comment

I have to say that tom-tdrcomm is right. I to only held those speeds for seconds and I had to back off.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

had the gixx up to 236km/h (4th gear)last weekend(in february) and it was still going...will wait till the summer before I push it to the max....I had the Kat up to the limit (260km/h) last summer
                        Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

I guess I am the slowest around here, the most I have had her up to is 180km, and for a short while. I know she can go faster, just haven't feltcomfortable enough to do it, playing it smart for now!
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                            I guess I am the slowest around here, the most I have had her up to is 180km, and for a short while. I know she can go faster, just haven't feltcomfortable enough to do it, playing it smart for now!
                            *Looks around the room" This squid room isn't all that bad... looks kind of comfortable. 160km/h for me! Although that was on my CB750K and well... it seemed to max out around there. Was just one of those spur of the moment things though, have only done it once.
                            Experience is the hardest teacher, it gives the test first and the lesson afterwards

Comment

My turn I guess.. Fastest on my kat was 151 mph on the speedo, Yeah I was flying..crouched down and eyes pinned straight ahead !! only glanced down for a split second to see the speedo!

Fastest ever on a bike was 165, speedo, on a 900RR. I thought I was about to take off !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X