X
X

Top Speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1100 registers up to 280kph. Up until a certain day, I could not go past 240 or so without being a bit nervous...mostly for cops. But on this one day about 5 years ago, a new black ZX11 pulled up beside me at about 130kph. He wanted to race. I didn't because his bike was new and mine was like 8 or 9 years old at the time. So I let him go...he took off and was wayyy ahead. But there was a nice long stretch (this was highway)...and the cops would see him first...so I buried the throttle and held it there. It was a downhill grade for a long ways...straight. I was past the 280 on my speedo when I BLEW by him. He was history. He should have beat me...but it takes more than the bike. He crapped out. I know....we both took the same exit and ended up at the same stop sign. He said I was nuts and gave me a thumbs up. I can't do it again. I crap out. At 250-255, I start with the "what if's" and scare myself out of it.
    But 230-240....I do it all the time. 30 mile stretch of highway 55 that is the end of US Hwy 91 as it enters into Canada. Never a cop on this 30 mile stretch unless they are called there. I have to travel it 4-5 times a week, so I burn through it. It is my version of the autobahn.

It doesn't matter tho...200...240...280....you are still pretty much mush if you go down. If I am going to smack something, I would rather do it at 280 than 200. I want the lights out as fast as possible. Quick and painless.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

it's all relative after about 150 mph anyways.. if you can make it to that fast, u can go higher !! but its still alittle scarey at times !

Comment

The Kat is my first bike... I've taken it to ~175 km/h (on the speedo), but didn't want to go further due to traffic.

I don't really feel I'm ready to push it yet (been riding for a couple of months only) - I try to go with the rest of the traffic, 130-140 on the highways here (the speed limit is 120). Once I have my license and can leave the country I'll go to Germany and see what she can do...
        - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow
          The Kat is my first bike... I've taken it to ~175 km/h (on the speedo), but didn't want to go further due to traffic.

I don't really feel I'm ready to push it yet (been riding for a couple of months only) - I try to go with the rest of the traffic, 130-140 on the highways here (the speed limit is 120). Once I have my license and can leave the country I'll go to Germany and see what she can do...

Smart man
          Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

After driving for two years I finally had the nerve to have some fun this year. Saw 180 km then a month later got it just over 200 km. Kinda freaky!
            Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

Had it to 135 a few times....feels like its got so much more...!

Comment

110-115. right in there. still not that comfortable going that fast...hell, i still take turns faster in my car....i'm being serious.

www.vwvortex.com
                I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

189 on a Busa with nitrus, on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. That was not smart, but darn was it fun.

Comment

I had my kitty up to 140, and then I too began to get the "What If's" started to hit me too. I have hit and cruised at about 100 through the country during the day when I can see far, and that is with a passanger.

Now with the new 1127, well, I am really going to test the speed with a GPS. I think a GPS will be my speedo.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

130 on the highway untill I looked at the speedo, then slowed down.Yah 100 kinda feels like 50 on my kat.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Had my Kat at 260km/h one time only, last summer
                        www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson
                          Had it to 135 a few times....feels like its got so much more...!
                          she's probably screaming saying..comon man, let me show you what I can really do !!

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            Now with the new 1127, well, I am really going to test the speed with a GPS. I think a GPS will be my speedo.
                            It all depends on your gearing, Lou. My 92 1127 will walk all over my 93. I never counted the teeth on my sprockets, but the 92 is good for about 30kph more at least on top end. I had a hard time keeping up with the 750's at the Ottawa rallie on my 93. Mind you I was carrying a 6ft, 150 pound redhead on the back while the rest of the guys were solo...but still.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I never went over 80 mph on the Kat until I rode it to the International Motorcycle Show in Atlanta. Me and the group I was riding with averaged 85-90 mph from Augusta to Atlanta and back. Sometimes we hit speeds over 130 mph. Since then I am ruined. Now when I get on the backroads or the interstate I want to push it to the limit. Just have to watch out for deer. Lots of wildlife in my area.
                              ( Kats get crappy mpg at high speeds)

Comment

The fastest I have been on my Kat is 125mph, I havent had enough road to really open her up. I dont feel comfortable going to those speeds in traffic.
                                2000 Kat 600
                                "Fast Blue"
                                Pic in Profile

Comment

Working...
                                X