X

dead battery, really?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dead battery, really?

So it was awsome out this morning, it was my day off so I decided to go out and finally take off those warning stickers I had left.(they came off real easy with some wd40 and a pumpkin seed scraper) So I pull the bike into the sunlight to warm up the stickers and about 5 minutes go by and I see the light on. Wouldnt you know it the battery was drained. I dont know how many times I've posted about my battery being dead.
    So I took my daughter to get her picture takin at sears and I went to see if they had any 12volts and all they had was one diehard for 99 bucks
    they also had a battery charger for 34. So I need a new battery anyway, what do they cost on the average. I think that battery is junk maybe I should go stick my tounge on it?
    2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
    vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
    JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

This is just one place you can go and get a Battery
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

anytime a battery gets fully drained, its damaged and is never quite the same again at holding a full charge. If you can, I'd replace it if it were me.

I got my last battery at the suzuki dealer for about 50.00 or so, you can get them at walmart for like 35.00, but its a generic brand usually from what I have seen.

Comment

yeah I thought a hundred seemed way to high. The dealer was closed today so I couldnt get a price I figured it would be cheaper from there.

Comment

Got mine from JC Whitney for like $35 , but you have to fill it . My "generic" battery works quite well , thank you very much ! A little slow to start when it's REALLY cold out (like 30-ish) , but still starts right up . Oh yeah , I've totally killed my battery several times , and it would still start right up when it was cold out . I finally replaced it last fall because I figured it was time , not because it wasn't working anymore !
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I got my battery from batteries plus for 25 bucks, and they filled it right there. Maybe you should try one of those battery tenders to maintain your battery when you're not riding it. You can actually leave the cables on your bike and there is a quick connector to just plug it in when you're sitting there.

Comment

you may want to look at the 12a battery ( the one that's stock in a 1200 bandit i think ) the oem for the kat is a 9a - the 12a is a bit bigger, but i think it's taller - it'll give you a few more CCA at about the same price.
              i normally see them about $50.00.

tim

Comment

I got a battery from pepboys, for my yamaha, had to fill it, but its been working out fine so far..been about 8 months or so, and so far no problems.

Comment

my battery went dead a little bit ago. I have a charger though and charged it back up .. AND put an on off switch for the LEDs as I think they were slowly draining the battery since it is in storage (they have a remote to turn on and off.)
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I picked one up this morning for 75 bucks I feel riped off but at least I can ride again

Comment

I got a battery from motobatteries.com for like 25.00. I hope you got a gel battery (maintence free) anyway. try motobatteries.com when you need a battery. BTW I don't work for them. I just got a good deal

Comment

Working...
                      X