X

I was definately not prepared

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was definately not prepared

So today was a pretty nice day, and it was good weather, fairly warm. I decided that I would go and get my bike between classes. Its still kinda light out when I get out of my latest class, so I didn't worry about bringing a clear visor. Well when I got out, it was raining. AWSOME!!... yea, i'm kidding. I was wearing only a jacket and jeans and gloves. Not any real rain gear. I was wondering...hmm, have my visor down and not be able to see with water and dark, or have visor open and get rain in my eyes. I opted for the open, it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. I was very slow gettting home, took my time, and made it safely. I was a little wet and a little cold, but me and the bike made it home in one piece. Before anyone says anything, yes, I learned a lesson.
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

OK Thaz....no more custom smilies!

Comment

I couldnt tell you the number of times Ive gotten caught in the rain, most times without gear, and usually coming home from work, when it was nice out all day. I keep my visor wiped down with rainx, or whatever I happen to find of a similar product and the water just flies right off so I can see without getting a face full of rain drops.

Comment

you can thank need and duff for that.
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

yeah, I usually opt for the visor up, and take as many back roads as possible in the rain
            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

yea, i went back roads, but a couple of them sucked, lots of bumps and water filled in the tire "divots" (for lack of a better word). but oh well, next time i'll think ahead and check the weather.
              if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

It's no fun getting caught in the rain. throw some rain gear under your seat for next time.
                rock
                always working on mods

Comment

I used to watch the Weather channel more than anything else on t.v. when I commuted on the bike ...
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I check the weather everymorning and evening, whether I am riding or not. Started as a habit from commuting.
                    AMA member # 224227

Comment

I hate the rain, it sux.
                      The weekend I took the MSF course it was freakin' hot and pured for 2 days. (good to learn in though, mind you)
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                        .. it was freakin' hot and pured for 2 days. ...
                        Is that how they make good coffee up there?
                        AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                          I used to watch the Weather channel more than anything else on t.v. when I commuted on the bike ...
                          same here
                          Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

i find it simple really, if i take my rain gear with me it doesn't rain, if i forget to grab it-i'm gettin rained on.

Comment

my rain gear won't fit under my seat :'(

\sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X