No announcement yet.
X

Angel eyes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, those are real nice. I can't imagine it would be greatly difficult to mod them for the H4, mounting would be the pain.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I remember seeing a how-to on those somewhere . Something about taking a length of some kind of plastic and heating it so it can be bent into a ring , and then cutting notches into it . Maybe someone else will remember where that was .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

now I am intrigued, where is this how-to?
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Isn't it attached to that? You're right Md, it is clear solid plastic tubing, can get it for bathrooms, and small curtain rods and stuff, you slowly heat it into circle (best to use a mold of some sort to get it perfect) use a dremel and cut small notches in it every centmetre or inch.
          Not quite sure how you would mount it inside, basically goes around your headlight. Could probably weld small bracket to hold it.
          An LED light is placed at the end and the light basically refracts all through the plastic, change the colour LED for different colours

Thats just what I remember from a year or so ago, so don't quote me on everything.
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

sounds good to me. I will have to try it!!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Angel eyes?
              If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that!!??

Comment

oooo.. blue ones would be sweet too !!

Comment

Here's some infor I found that might help ...
                  I don't have detailed instructions yet because I am still making the angel eyes...but here are some pics of the progress. I will update this once it is done (most likely tomorrow or Friday).

I used one of them rods for window blinds. $1.60ish at Wal-Mart (I bought 2 because I had a feeling I would screw something up). I boiled it, and wrapped it around that can in the picture, which was a good size. I cut the extra crap off. Then I cut a buncha slits in it...so the leds will shine all the way around (I tested this already...it works). Leds are expensive....$5.00ish a piece...

I still need to pick up the resistors and maybe a couple more leds. I have some wire around the house somewheres and I will need a switch (because I want one lol).

One of the attached pics shows the before and after slits in the "eyes."
                  Edit: Just found a link ... http://www.importmodifications.com/i...angeleyes.html

Comment

Thats the one! Surprised myself I remembered a bit of it. Looks dead cool, can't wait to see it done md!
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I may actually have to try that.

Good find MD!
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                        Thats the one! Surprised myself I remembered a bit of it. Looks dead cool, can't wait to see it done md!
                        Nah , I'm not planning on that one . I got enough other stuff on the list to keep me busy . Besides , if it's nice outside and I have the time (and I'm awake! ) , I usually just say "screw it" to whatever's not entirely necessary to keep the bike running and go ride !
                        Tires okay ? check.
                        Chain? still there .
                        Puddle of oil/parts under the bike ? all clear
                        Let's go for a ride !

Comment

I did that mod to my cars headlights...they looked amazing!!!
                          only costs about 3$ per light..
                          All you need are four leds, and one stick that you use to open and close your blinds (clear is best)
                          You heat the stick in your oven, then pull it out with pliers (one on each end) grab a soda can and wrap the stick around the can and you have a perfect circle...cut the excess off, then slice with a butterknife equal sized and spaced notches, then drill holes into the ends and place ur leds in there and wire them accordingly...its best to get 12V leds so you dont have to worry about resistors but it will work!

Comment

Lou gets to do the How to for this then if he goes ahead with it !! Then you can show it off at the gap.

Comment

Well, I took a quick look at the headlights yesterday, and mounting may not be as bad as I thought. Yes, still going to be a PIA, but maybe not as much as one. It looks like in the headlight assembly, there are a few notches or grooves I guess you could say, that I may be able to either drill out, our mount some type of bracket. (This is for the 98+ only, sorry pre 98 guys).

I will probably just go ahead and make them, and experiment with different colors. Then I will do the mounting part when Corey and I get the bike to the shop to do all the big stuff (Engine swap, finish painting, ect.). Well see how it goes. At this point, I am still not sure if the headlight assembly screws apart, which would be ideal, or if it is stuck together with glue.

Anyone here know? Chime in and share the knowledge!

I also had a thought about the "Hot Wires" neon flex tubing. Not for the Angel Eyes themselves, but maybe as a outline to the headlight assembly, but mounted on the inside. I dunno. Just a idea.
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                                (This is for the 98+ only, sorry pre 98 guys).
                                I don't think I want an angel EYE. These are not for the single headlight on a pre-98. Cyclops-kat!!!! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrr.....
                                1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                                2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                                Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Working...
                                X