X

Today I did something I NEVER do....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I did something I NEVER do....

I lent my bike. This is something I never do. But then I got to thinking, it's a 13yr old bike that has seen better days, so wtf am I being such a hardass for?

So for the first time since I can't even remember when, I lent my bike to a 26yr old woman without ever seeing her ride in my life. She has a 97 gsxr750 (needs a new timing chain), so I took a chance and let her take my 1100. We started out riding on the same bike.....my 1100, with her on the back, then it clicked......"shit...I have a totally legal 750 in my shop....so wtf am I doing doubled up"? She is 5'10, so touching the ground was no problem.

This girl did good. Good enuff that I swapped off with her and she spent the second half of the day riding my 750. I got rid of the front end wobble.....so it goes pretty slick.

Now why do I feel the need to mention all this? Because something has come over me and I am not quite sure what it is. I have always been firm on not lending my bike. Mostly because I am not insured for collision....so if it takes the ditch or hits a tree....bye bye bike. But today.....I didn't even sweat it. And for me to lend my recently aquired, pretty damn rare, headlight flipping 750 kat to some 26 yr old female that I don't know from jane......well, something is slightly off.

But whatever it is, it was fun enough that we are going riding again tomorrow. she fell in love with the 750. she said she actually likes it better than her gsxr750.....as in more comfortable and a funner ride. And she said it handles better than my 1100 in the curves.....which it does but I hate to admit......cuz.....well....that has always been my baby.

but it's true.....that 750 is super fun. and it flies......literally. I took her up to 170kph......which is about 100mph, with plenty more to spare.
    but don't think it is like 100mph on a newer bike like the recent 750's.
    It's definately not. The suspension is "iffy" at best. my point is that you KNOW you are doing 100mph when you do it on an old bike like that.

I also got a lot of attention with that little sucker. lots of looks....mostly from other bikers. had a few walk up and ask me about it when we were stopped. they all seem to say the same thing....."never seen one of those before". You should see them react when I turn on the key and the headlight flips up.......they get a big grin and say "cool".

yup....I am officially in love with this little bike. I can't wait until I get it restored. I like it better than the 82 1100, belive it or not.

Here are some pics.

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Cool, glad you had fun Mojoe
    Live and Lean.
    When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
    "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
    Romans 3:23

Comment

Awwwww, our Mojoe is letting go... beginning to share well with others and coloring within the lines.

One of my riding buddies has a Kaw Connie (ocean cruising vessel). He gets on my Kat600 and just laughs and laughs. Like jumping into a Mini Cooper after driving a Caddy - things that make ya go "WEEEEEEEeeee!!!"

The little Kat looks like an absolute blast to ride, no wonder you wanna share the experience.

Enjoy!
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Hmmm...just wondering if you lent your bike to this girl to earn a few brownie points? It all depends if she's just a friend or maybe something more? Don't mind me I'm just bugging you I gotta say I really love the look of the old Kat. I guess the 1100 is gonna start playing 2nd fiddle to the 750....poor old girl
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
          Hmmm...just wondering if you lent your bike to this girl to earn a few brownie points? It all depends if she's just a friend or maybe something more? Don't mind me I'm just bugging you I gotta say I really love the look of the old Kat. I guess the 1100 is gonna start playing 2nd fiddle to the 750....poor old girl
          well ....earning brownie points was not my reason behind it....but it definately is a bonus.

you gotta make a trip down here before winter and give it a try. I don't want to venture off that far alone. Today was ok cuz if something happened I would just double up on my other bike and go back to get the trailler.
          Being stuck alone on the side of the 10 is nothing I care to do. My luck I would break down on the champlain bridge.

Comment

I saw a couple pigs do close-formation flying yesterday.
            Scott Peterson got a call from Hitler and Ted Bundy asking if he could bring a couple of jackets and a blanket when he comes.
            My riders exception for Motegi just arrived by FedEx yesterday. I'm replacing Nicky for the last three races.

Oh, Mojoe lent his bike.
            That explains everything.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh god, I hope you're not becoming a wuss. The girl you lent the bike to must have been really hot!
              "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

lmao

well I am surely not a wuss. and she is "cute", but not cute enuff for that alone to be the reason.

I really have no explanation as to why the sudden change.

Comment

Our little boy is growing up
                  'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Mojoe wrote[/b]
                    you gotta make a trip down here before winter and give it a try. I don't want to venture off that far alone. Today was ok cuz if something happened I would just double up on my other bike and go back to get the trailler.
                    Well I'm off this Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday coming so I'll give you a call and we can do New Hampshire or Vermont. I also want to see the 750.
                    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
                      Mojoe wrote[/b]
                      Well I'm off this Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday coming so I'll give you a call and we can do New Hampshire or Vermont. I also want to see the 750.
                      yea....well things have changed on that idea. I lost the exhaust can. well....I didn't. Mary did. She "thought" it seemed louder for a while....backtracked, but never found it.
                      so then I swapped bikes cuz it now became a "cop magnet" seeing as it was running just a straight pipe. And also, the rear tire is toast. Dry rot. It was sort of bad the other day, but my short bursts of speed kinda made some new splits in my sidewalls.....pretty big cracks. I have a tendancy to push things to their limit....but not this time. It is time for it to be put away and await the teardown. But you can still come see it. You can see the other 2 while you are at it.

Comment

Your 750 is beautiful dude....

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
                          Your 750 is beautiful dude....
                          thanks man....appreciate the compliment.
                          and not to sound like I don't......let's just call it "real nice" for now.

save "beautiful" for after the restoration

Comment

Somebodys got a girl friend!!!!
                            At least you got a riding partner, hope she's not just using you for your ride.
                            Kidding, cool for you.
                            AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

I haver lent my 1100 Kat to my neighbour (Harley guy) ...no sweat off my arse.

Junior knows he can ride my Daytona anytime he wants...hell...he could even take it for an extended period of time.

(They are replaceable...friendships are not)

Now...someone that I don't know...might be a different story

Comment

Working...
                              X