Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Nice ride today - Feb 06 2005 (contains pics)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice ride today - Feb 06 2005 (contains pics)

Hello cold people,

I went on a nice long ride today. It was great. I thought I'd rub it in.

My wife and I organised a group ride for her SV owners club. We had 9 bikes show up for it. Only 5 were SVs. Then there was my Kat, a Suzuki VX, a cruiser style bike that I didn't pay much attention to, and an old Moto Guzzi (which went like a rocket).

I led off through the traffic areas from our meeting place to our proper start point. We just buzzed along at the speed limit (none of us wanted a ticket before we got to the good bits). It feels good leading a group of 9 bikes. A nice little ego boost type feeling. Anyway, took about 20 minutes to reach the start of the twisties. Then we changed order and up the first bit of twisties. Stopped at the top of the mountain for a few minutes to regroup and grab a drink, and off down the other side of the mountain. We then headed a further 4km off to a small town and stopped for another drink.

At this point 5 of the bikes headed back home (we'd spent about an hour and a quarter on the twisities). The rest of us went on. For about 3 times the distance travelled so far.

3 of us (my wife, me and an SV rider) had never been this route before, so we followed the guy on the Moto Guzzi. He had these skinny knobbly tires, and a bag on the back, yet he seemed to have no problems at cruising along at 160km/h (100mph) as we swept through some long corners heading around a lake. It was really nice.

We stopped at a T-Intersection at the back end of Mt Glorious (Katgirl knows where that is ) and that is where some of the photos below were taken. Then off up the mountain, down the other side and then back home.

Awesome fun (very sore neck and shoulders right now).

Anyway, here are some pics.

The bikes at the meeting point. You can see my Kat behind the front blue SV. The yellow SV is my wifes.

The sign at the bottom of Mt Glorious telling you all about the upcoming twisties. These aren't all of them. These are just the ones that are hairpins.

A shot at the T-intersection. Lots of bikes stop here. You get to stretch, relax, and watch squids doing wheelies and stoppies.

A better view of the intersection. Notice the sunny blue sky. It is normally like that here

Our four bikes at the T. You can see the Moto Guzzi in the front.

Anyway, enough rubbing your noses in it. I might do it again next weekend.
    fulcrum (aka David)
    Blue 2004 GSX750F
    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Looks like the weather was great for a ride. Glad that you had fun.
    sigpic93 Katana
    98+ Rear Wheel 170/60/17 47 tooth Rear Sprocket
    Vance and Hines SS2R Custom Airbrushing

03 Alstare 600
    Salvaged title (lol)

Comment

great pics...love the topper on the pick-up in the first picture!

Its going to be winter down-under soon right?

Comment

Nice pics, that T intersection looks very much like the one in that stoppie crash that's floating around the net.

Looks like you guys had a great day.
        Kyle

Comment

Looks like some great riding weather there.......would love to have been there for that...thanks for the great pics
          Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

dont worry man, you'll get yours !! and when the cold comes to you, we'll laugh too!

great pics man, love the yellow SV !!!

Comment

Awsome, I am so jealous

I think you meant me not Batgirl, everyone gets us mixed up, including us

Would love to get back over to Australia, we;ll have to look you up!
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Great pics!!! 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Katgirl
                  Awsome, I am so jealous

I think you meant me not Batgirl, everyone gets us mixed up, including us

Would love to get back over to Australia, we;ll have to look you up!
                  thats just one of the unique things about KR..everybody keeps getting u 2 mixed up!

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the good comments.

Katgirl: I did mean you. Sorry.

Range & N4S: Yes it will be winter soon. The weather is the same, but it drops from 35C to about 20-25C max temp in the middle of winter. I don't think I will get mine soon

Range: The pick-up (called a ute - short for utility vehicle - down here) is a govt vehicle. It belongs to Queensland Railways (QR logo on the side). The clear flappy bits on the sides lift up so you get access to the tray. Keeps the gear out of the weather. And because it is a govt vehicle, it is also the cheapest option.
                    fulcrum (aka David)
                    Blue 2004 GSX750F
                    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

No worries mate! BG and I are used to it

Comment

No worries mate! BG and I are used to it

Comment

Working...
                        X