Kat-A-Tonic Crashed his Bike - Pictures Added

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Glad you are ok. Get well soon

KCCO!!!
    Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

TOny, I wished you best wishes earlier, just saw the pics, now I got a question, once you feel better....doesn't look like the sliders broke off. Are they Baunstein's, did it mess w/ the frame? Just looking for an fyi....thx!
      Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Thanks for posting up the pics !!! The bike can be fixed and even more important it sounds like you'll be able to be fixed up too ! Heal up soon bro !

Comment

Tony, Man, I'm so very sorry to hear about your misfortune and panic reaction! But I'm really glad to hear that I didn't loose the opportunity to meet you at some point!

I know you spent most of last winter making love to that bike every which way but loose (if the insurance company decides to total it, make sure you drag in the receipts for all the excess equipment as being the basis for value-plus -- i.e. let them come to their base valuation, then slap on the cost of the ohlins, muffler, etc). I'll be happy to provide a full-retail cost receipt for the Ohlins & other stuff you got for me...

Originally posted by seypea
          TOny, I wished you best wishes earlier, just saw the pics, now I got a question, once you feel better....doesn't look like the sliders broke off. Are they Baunstein's, did it mess w/ the frame? Just looking for an fyi....thx!
          This was actually one of the first questions in my mind once I calmed down over his spill and started looking at the pics. Would whoever took the pics for him be willing get back in there and get some closeups of the frame members that the sliders are attached to on both sides (might need a work light or flash to illuminate them) -- I'm really curious as to whether those particular frame members are twisted/collapsed/otherwise damaged or still straight as they would be on a traditional wreck. I'd also like to see a better shot of the left side of the bike...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

best wishes for a fast recovery

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Bummer .
              But I don't think the bike's a total write-off . Unless the frame's tweaked . but it don't sound like the kind of accident that would happen in . All I see is pretty much cosmetic damage in those pics . ALOT , sure , but still not TERRIBLE . I'd bet it's still rideable if you got the plastic out of the way .....
              Guess the hands will need to heal up a bit first , though .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Morning Guys, yeah when steve and I had a good look at the bike it was not as bad as we expected, the forks and tire are perfectly aligned as well as the handle bars. The sliders bend but the frame look to be undamaged, and most of the damage is cosmetic.

I really hope it can be salvaged, for Tony. He loves that bike, and he has put his heart and soul into it. If we can I will see if I can load thelarger pictures I have to see if it is cleared, the slider bracker on the one side did bend and then wore the slider pretty well down t the bolt.

Anyways I wil post more details as they arrive.l

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

I'll be happy to host ANY size images you want... just email 'em to me and I'll post 'em up.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Tony, in the past you have taken the time to help me out with questions that I have posted and it is very much appreciated. I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune. I wish you a speedy recovery and am confident that all will work out with your bike.
                    R.I.P. Marc

Comment

I am not sure if the pictures were reduced when sending them to Mike. If they are I can send full size images to you Cyber. Like Mike said the frame sliders worked as intended. The bike appears to have taken the first impact on the left side then flipped on to the right side sliding quite a distance. Mike and I looked for any sign of frame damage but from what we could see everything looked straight. The engine covers did wear down and released the oil.

Comment

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Tony!!!
                        I love my Kat!!
                        2000 burgandy 750

Comment

Get well soon! Back on the KAT
                          2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                          2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                          1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                          1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                          1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Wow, a freeway spill at speed, glad to hear you're doing well.
                            Heal fast!
                            And so nice that they sent the "head nurse". You dog!

Comment

Originally posted by mcmahonm
                              Pictures
                              Wow..
                              That really doesn't look that bad..
                              Looks like everyone will recover!
                              Cool!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear this news tony. Hope you have a speedy recovery and I see you on the road soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X