X

Help...need paint protection!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...need paint protection!

Hey...I'm new, came over from KP. I have a '95 600, and a small problem...I have a set of soft bags on the back and they are wearing thru the paint on the tail section. Anything , like clear plastic, that I can put on to protect what's left of the paint?? I remeber seeing something once to protect tanks. Thanks... 8)
    My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

You can go to a paint shop and get some clear plastic that will do the job. My painter was telling me about it yesterday. So that is the best information I can give you on it.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

ClearMask provides high-quality paint protection film kits to keep your car looking its best. Check out our stock of pre-cut clear bras today!
      I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

Awesome...I'll check with my paint supply house tomorrow

Comment

It's called Rock Guard for cars and trucks. It's clear vinyl.

And Welcome to KR!!!
          Josh

'97 TL1000S, '91 GSF400 Bandit

Comment

wax the paint, and get some furr or soft fleace to ptu on that side of the bag's so ill buff it

Comment

Welcome to the house Katrider.
              AMA member # 224227

Comment

www.thetankslapper.com would work well here too I think, depending on how its cut...but anywho, once its proctected, u can always cover the inside w/ some flannel or soft fabric too, and defiantely always keep the bike waxed.

Comment

The idea of a fur or fleece liner occurred to me, but the problem is that road dirt finds its way up between the bags and the body work, so no matter what I put in there, it will eventually become sandpaper. In fact, the paint has already burnished thru to the black plastic beneath in a couple of small spots . But protecting the rest is what I'm after, so I need to hunt down the clear protective coatings.

Comment

eh just paint it black with rubberizing spray paint where the bag is

Comment

Working...
                    X