X

Hit and Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit and Run

Hello fellow Kat riders, Today was a bad day. This evening a son of a gun ran into the back of my son while he was riding his GS500 and kept going. Didn't slow down at all. Just left the hospital and on the only injury he had was a little rode rash on his elbow.

With all that said, simultaneously I dropped my Kat when it happened trying to get to my son. Right mirror, Fairing, and exhaust scratch. Looks like the fairing will have to be replaced. I have to send the bikes to the shop for a once over. I think the 2006 "GS500" might be totaled because it looks like the frame bent, transmission, exhaust and who know what else is wrong with the bike.

There is a look out for the vehicle and driver. Hopefully they will catch him. Now I have to make a claim to my Insurance if I want to get my bikes fixed.

Peace KRider "First Drop"

Oh my gosh, I can't imagine how scarey that was to watch. I hope your son is completely ok really soon (sounds fine)
    that sucks about the GS500 and I'm sure the kat was the last thing on your mind when you saw your son get hit
    Live and Lean.
    When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
    "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
    Romans 3:23

Comment

oh thats fukked up i hope you find the guy before the cops do so you cna beat the snot out of him

Comment

that sucks, glad your boys ok, where are you located, let find this a$$hole

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Man, that really sucks. Hope they find that jerk and he gets what he deserves.

Glad you and your son are OK.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I am really glad to hear that your son isn't seriously injured!

If you go to the insurance, make sure you included any damaged gear (jackets, helmets, etc) -- even if it's only marginally damaged, you want it replaced. They'll agree, because it's far cheaper to replace than to pay a larger outlay on another claim later.
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thank God your son is O.K. Hope they catch that piece of $hit.

Comment

man that's crazy. Glad to hear your son's ok. I hope that catch the freak
                rock
                always working on mods

Comment

Hit and Run

Just got the bikes picked up this morning, they are sitting at the suzuki dealer waiing on an estimate. GS500 might be totaled. What sucks is I did not get the gap insurance so I might be out about $1000. Good thing the bike is paid off.

One thing you don't do down here in Valdosta, Ga is Hit and Run. The local cops and state patrol is looking for this guy.

I am attaching a few pictures for you guys. You can see some of the damage on the Kat.

Comment

I'm glad he's OK. From these pictures it looks like the guy was moving at a good clip.

Comment

Damn. From those pics, I'm glad to hear it's just road rash.
                      Hope they catch and punish that a-hole.

Comment

Hit and Run

Yeah, the guy was doing at least 50 mph and didn't hit his brakes at all.

The good thing about this is my son is not scared to ride again. He told me to get a bigger bike and he will take the Kat as is. Fear is not in his vocabulary but being aware of nuckle-heads is a priority.

I will keep you posted.

Comment

Glad to hear your son is ok and wanting to get back on...from the pics the bike now looks like one of those street fighters with the lifted backs...that sucks and I hope they catch the moron...it's one thing to hit a bike and take responcibility for it a totally different thing to run after you did it...karma is a biatch....
                          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Hit and Run

Your right about the street fighter, I have to tell my son that. I needed a good laugh. Like the positive twist on a bad situation.

For the Kat, I wanted to do some upgrades now I have a good excuse to replace the exhaust, get smoked turn signal covers and maybe chrome a piece to two.

Comment

please take you son to a good Nerologist or a spine speacailist trus me i know what im talking about back injuries suck it might not hurt yet but a pinched nevre and compressed disk will take a few days for him to feel it that bike looks really bad

Comment

Working...
                              X